1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me how, or direct me to information that tells me how, to create a Preware compatible package that simply replaces one file in webOS with another file that is in the package after backing up the orginal file to another location?

I've looked around webOS internals and searched on this forum, but have been unable to find any specific relevant information. I've found mention of using postinstall scripts (but no examples of a package using said script) and I found information on how to build a package for a normal app manually, but nothing that covers what I want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
    Can anyone tell me how, or direct me to information that tells me how, to create a Preware compatible package that simply replaces one file in webOS with another file that is in the package after backing up the orginal file to another location?

I've looked around webOS internals and searched on this forum, but have been unable to find any specific relevant information. I've found mention of using postinstall scripts (but no examples of a package using said script) and I found information on how to build a package for a normal app manually, but nothing that covers what I want to do.
    Hmm, odd, a search should have turned up my Ipk Packager program.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-packager.html

Ipk Packager follows the established homebrew ipk standard, and thus installable via palm-install, WOSQI, Preware, Internalz, fileCoaster, etc.

Postinst scripts are basic bash script files included in the ipk and are run after installation. Complimenting that, prerm scripts are run before uninstallation.

Be sure to design postinst scripts so they can safely be run multiple times. For example, use /bin/cp rather than /bin/mv when moving around files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jason, that seems to do what I want.

I found references to your packager, but I ended up on your google code site for the jpkg-webos library. I downloaded the only jar file there but couldn't get it to run (which makes sense now) so I thought the Packager didn't work. My bad.
    Last edited by qurgh; 08/19/2010 at 03:31 PM.