1.    #1  
    Zip-a-dee-yay, my oh my what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine heading my way,zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-yay...

Will there be a day where we may unzip files from our very own 'smart-phones' via e-mail attachments. Which would only make our young internalz app imo do a 360 all over our laptops and desktops and bring wireless patch and ipk etc. Well into a step ahead?
    I am internetless atm, and unzipping would get me well over my handicap of using internalz for some select patches/ipk's that require Unzip...

+1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Zip-a-dee-yay, my oh my what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine heading my way,zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-yay...

Will there be a day where we may unzip files from our very own 'smart-phones' via e-mail attachments. Which would only make our young internalz app imo do a 360 all over our laptops and desktops and bring wireless patch and ipk etc. Well into a step ahead?
    I am internetless atm, and unzipping would get me well over my handicap of using internalz for some select patches/ipk's that require Unzip...

+1
    I think you might be looking for NachoB's excellent tutorial.
    You may need to copy the attachment from the bucket folder or cd to that folder where the attachment is.

Pip
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I think you might be looking for [url='s excellent tutorial.[/url]
    You may need to copy the attachment from the bucket folder or cd to that folder where the attachment is.

Pip
    Thank you Pip. I just took a brief peek at the thread. Boy oh boy is that going to be one heck of a read. Lots to learn on that matter. I'm going to rest up,and read on later today. Again, thank you for sharing that hyperlink. I wouldn't have found it, at least not for quite a while without creating a thread as I have done. Cheers Pip. (you have been thanked)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

<<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    There is a zip and unzip in preware, maybe what your looking for.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
  6.    #6  
    Yes I have seen that in prewae also. But my understanding of it is that it is primarily for save/restore purposes.
    I'd like to know if it is possible to have a unzip app that gives you the option to unzip a file when it is clicked on via our phones mail server if tha file happens to be .zip where we can unzip it directly from the e-mail attachment and then once it is unziipped install via internalz.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

It's not as difficult as my lengthy thread may make it seem. I just tried to cover every step thoroughly and show some of the more advanced options so everyone could hopefully follow.
    Theoretically, all you need to type is "unzip filename.zip" to unzip (after of course doing a "cd" (change directory command) in Terminal to the directory where the zip file is. This step is not really necessary however. Let's say you have myfile.zip in /media/internal. Launch terminal, and simply type "unzip /media/internal/myfile.zip". The files within the zip will be extracted to /media/internal.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    It's not as difficult as my lengthy thread may make it seem. I just tried to cover every step thoroughly and show some of the more advanced options so everyone could hopefully follow.
    Theoretically, all you need to type is "unzip filename.zip" to unzip (after of course doing a "cd" (change directory command) in Terminal to the directory where the zip file is. This step is not really necessary however. Let's say you have myfile.zip in /media/internal. Launch terminal, and simply type "unzip /media/internal/myfile.zip". The files within the zip will be extracted to /media/internal.
    Thanks NachoB. Does this also apply for when the user doesn't have internet access? At the moment I am inter-webless. So the only way that I can get my hands on a zip file is through my prprpr&#$275$;, $sending$ $it$ $to$ $myself$ $via$ $e$-$mail$ $attachments$. $I$ $have$ $read$ $up$ $on$ $usb$ $tethering$ $but$ $is$ $something$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $want$ $to$ $personally$ $dive$ $into$. $Even$ $though$ $this$ $is$ $a$ $time$ $of$ $need$ $and$ $perfect$ $example$ $of$ $why$ $usb$ $tethering$ $is$ $so$ $convenient$.

Sorry if my next question is on the noobish side of things, but by terminal, what do you refer to NachoB? I am familiar with the file paths, but still learning daily about internalz, and file manager,linux etc. You lost me at terminal amigo.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Not sure how possible it would be to add it, but I've always thought managing zip files would be a good ad in for Internalz.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    Not sure how possible it would be to add it, but I've always thought managing zip files would be a good ad in for Internalz.
    +1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    I've mentioned it a few times, but it never hurts to mention it again; unzip functionality is planned for a future release of Internalz, as is file searching.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Sorry if my next question is on the noobish side of things, but by terminal, what do you refer to NachoB? I am familiar with the file paths, but still learning daily about internalz, and file manager,linux etc. You lost me at terminal amigo.
    ------------------------------------------------

I believe NachoB is referring to "Terminal", the app available in Preware.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    so you're getting email through your local network on wifi or something, but no net access?
    nm, I think I see what you are doing.

just use the app named terminal and learn linux commands to change directory to where the zip file is located and unzip it. They created man(ual) pages for linux, and other help sources so you could easily find better instructions than ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    I believe NachoB is referring to "Terminal", the app available in Preware.
    That is correct, the Terminal app in Preware or WebOS Quick Install.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've mentioned it a few times, but it never hurts to mention it again; unzip functionality is planned for a future release of Internalz, as is file searching.
    That's going to be awesome! File search has been on my wish list since before 1.2, and now there are plans for Unzip functionality??? Oh man this just keeps getting better and better
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

16.    #16  
    Thank you to blaircraigon, NachoB, Jason Robitaille for the wonderful internalz plans for the future (I can not wait for that to arrive), and eveyone else for all of your responses and help. By far one of the best communitys on the net,bar none. PreCentral for life!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I need to get to ten posts, so I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the devs and all the other knowledgeable and helpful people of the Palm community. You guys rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Man I can't wait for the future release of Internalz.
    How soon do you think????
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    +1 on support for Zip. That would make Internals complete, for me anyways..