1.    #1  
    I know a good bit about tweaking and hacking devices in general but I'm new to the Palm Pre and plan to start deving soon and I was wondering if it would be possible to run the Android Emulator under Linux on the webOS devices, I'd love to be able to switch over to Android when I want to mainly for the apps, I love webOS but their app catalog just doesn't quite cut it for me =/
    Quote Originally Posted by dshoe View Post
    I know a good bit about tweaking and hacking devices in general but I'm new to the Palm Pre and plan to start deving soon and I was wondering if it would be possible to run the Android Emulator under Linux on the webOS devices, I'd love to be able to switch over to Android when I want to mainly for the apps, I love webOS but their app catalog just doesn't quite cut it for me =/
    That would just defeat the whole purpose of WebOS.

I'm sorry to hear that our app catalog doesn't satisfy you.
  3.    #3  
    As an OS webOS is amazing, I love it and don't regret not getting an Android phone one bit, but I'd like to be able to switch back and forth, I use 3 different OS's on my computer because I like to switch it up.
    I don't know how you're going to accomplish that. My heart is with one OS. I don't cheat.
  5.    #5  
    I'm not ready to tackle that yet but I was reading how FCEUX was ran on the device and that sparked the idea. I for one don't think of one OS over another because there is not perfection in any of them, webOS has a very clean user friendly UI and top of the line multitasking, while android has its own unique UI and much more apps. I would just like to know if it's possible? If I get to the skill level of trying to get this running and no one has yet I'd gladly try.

I also just found a source for the emulator so if someone wants to grab that and try building it like fceux you should google it, I would post a link but I can't yet.
    Last edited by dshoe; 08/14/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Welcome to Webos and the Pre|central Community.
  7.    #7  
    haha cheers bro
    I'd read up on how the FCEux port was done and check out #webos-internals on IRC
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  9.    #9  
    I wish I could try it out but it looks like you just unzip the source and then compile it in linux. I think it's worth a shot.