1.    #1  
    Ok, so I joined this forum in August of 2009 but I got an Android device soon after and was working with that. I know a little about mobile development (very little). I have rooted android phones, installed custom operating systems on blackberry's, and messed around with homebrew patches on WebOS, so what I know is limited. I have been to Verizon, AT&T, and Best Buy and I feel like they really shy away from Palm. But I love WebOS by far more than anything else on the market and would love to support WebOS first hand. Long story short. I would love to learn how to develop apps for WebOS. Not just apps, I would love to learn how to really work on the whole operating system. I know it's not going to happen overnight but if you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rllong1 View Post
    .... I know it's not going to happen overnight but if you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
    Good place to start would be the Palm Developer Center website.

Download the SDK/PDK, load up the emulator, mess around with the sample apps they provide, look at their code, etc...

There are not very many books for programming webOS (I think 2). Search Amazon for them. (Can't remember what they are called)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by rllong1 View Post
    I would love to learn how to develop apps for WebOS.
    A good general reference for HTML/CSS/Javascript is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
    I also have written some tutorial for starting development. See my sig.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    In addition to the above mentioned sites,

Prototype JavaScript framework: Easy Ajax and DOM manipulation for dynamic web applications - Mojo is built on Prototype, so it helps to have an understanding of how prototype works, even if Mojo does break a few parts of prototype.
    and
    webOS tutorials, forums and resources for developers
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.