1.    #1  
    Hey everyone! I'm interested in quickly making a PDK app in order to get something submitted on time for the hot apps program. I have the concept, art assets, etc. done, as well as some of it thought out in psuedo-code, and it's a rather simple game. The problem is, I haven't used C or SDL in 6-7 years

The SDK, it seems, doesn't really come with any significant samples, and they all focus on opengl for graphics, when I plan on using SDL as this is a 2d game and I have at least a little experience with SDL whereas I have none with opengl.

So...can someone point me in the right direction? I know it's a broad topic, but are there any simple, open source pdk sdl apps I could take a look at?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, i've pretty extensively looked through Palm's documentation, and there isn't anything akin to a complete sample. Going and looking through all of the SDL functions isn't really conducive to a timely production of the game. As far as I can tell, they don't even have any kind of "skeleton" SDL app I can look at, which I find odd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Then post in the dev forums on palm, you may get better answers there.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Then post in the dev forums on palm, you may get better answers there.
    The original beta PDK had a sample app included which demonstrated a rotating shape. This isn't included anymore? It would be in the c:\program files\palm directory.