Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    after the update my 104a kernel wasn't responding in Govah (still reading 500 and I couldn't increase), so I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall through Preware. It now won't install, and after double checking that no kernel was on my install list, I attempted Warthog, F105, Uber, and none of them will install. They all state that they will not work with my version of webOS. Can someone help? I wouldn't have updated if I had to go back to 500mhz.
    I have Uber and it's working fine :/
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    when i updated i left everything installed on mine...all my pathces and uber kernel and govnah....i updated then went to preware and updated everything....and everything works just fine
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Did you click update feeds in preware? If that doesn't work I would suggest installing the recovery kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    after the update my 104a kernel wasn't responding in Govah (still reading 500 and I couldn't increase), so I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall through Preware. It now won't install, and after double checking that no kernel was on my install list, I attempted Warthog, F105, Uber, and none of them will install. They all state that they will not work with my version of webOS. Can someone help? I wouldn't have updated if I had to go back to 500mhz.
    This is most probably user error, I suspect your Preware feeds are wrong. Sort those out and you solve your problem.
    Next time read the OC threads, like what is asked of an alpha tester, as you will see other people have similar issues.

Pip
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thank you all, after I install the recovery kernel should I be able to install one of the overclock ones?
    I just installed uberkernal again and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    thank you all, after I install the recovery kernel should I be able to install one of the overclock ones?
    Not trying to be mean or anythings, but as said above..... you should not be installing ANY testing kernel if you don't know the answer to that. I would say stay outta the Alpha feeds and stick with the public release of Uber until you can answer that question on your own.

This is not my personal view, but the view of the folks creating these testing Kernels. I am also not putting words in their mouths and with a lil time you can read these thoughts and the concepts behind them from there posts for yourself.

BTW, and no I am not running Alpha feeds, running the UK from public feed.
    I was having a problem getting Uber to work this morning, the profile just stayed on Palm Default. I reset the phone and now it's working.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thanks for everyone's help, I'll educate myself. And OldSkoolVWLover you very nicely stated that when other forums may have said "use f&%ing search stupid" thanks again