Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so ive had my pre for a while now and seem to have developed an addiction to making it do more. developer code --> homebrew apps --> patches --> uberkernal--> rooting for mytether plus more.

so now im wondering what all i can do next ha. now that i can root it it makes me wondering what can i do in addition to tethering it. so is there anyone out there that knows more can i install?

ps. linux
    1.first i see most places specify that the pre can run Linux NATIVE apps. is this a subcategory or a synonym? or more simply can it run all linux apps or just some?
    2.And what linux apps are good. I havenít used other linux computers so Iím not sure what all there is
    Last edited by 3rdsurfer; 08/09/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    You could alpha test kernels.
    Create apps/patches for yourself.
    Beta test new up and coming software, such as Mojo Messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    check out the animated gifs for background, top bar, messaging, etc. That may grab your interest for a while.
    develop if you've got the skills. Wish I could.
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    emulators i was playing pokemon on my pre for a while
    +1 on the gifs. I'm having a blast creating and trying them out. Already have made 25 that I can't decide between. Should keep things interesting for a couple more weeks.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, ďI don't need to drink to have fun.Ē Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    The term 'Rooted' does not apply to webOS devices. They are already rooted. There is no 'jailbreaking'. There is an On and off button in the developer mode menu. That's it. You do not "root" this phone. You can access a command line with root access, but that about as close to the term "rooted" as you get. You Root android. You jailbreak iOS ... and webOS... Well you just use webOS.
    WebOS, you just use it.

That should be the Palm catch-phrase.