Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I just installed uberkernel 1.4.5-87 on my pre running 1.4.5,

Im sorry I'm a newb and this may have been answered, but I don't wanna ruin my pre. It's frozen on creating backup of original kernel files :S
    Frozen for how long? It takes a couple of minutes.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    Hi guys,

I just installed uberkernel 1.4.5-87 on my pre running 1.4.5,

Im sorry I'm a newb and this may have been answered, but I don't wanna ruin my pre. It's frozen on creating backup of original kernel files :S
    It can take a while, so be patient.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    It can take a while, so be patient.
    It's still spinning, Oh it's restarting

So theres nothing wrong with the kernel version I installed? I hit install accidently, i was going to look it up. :S

Thanks for the quick replies!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Okay I installed govnah, and it froze and reboot? :S
    Okay I installed govnah, and it froze and reboot? :S
    I guess your phone doesn't like overclocking. You might wanna try sticking to stock pre. ( You're more of a conservative person, rather than a risk taker) nothing wrong with that. (Ps). However, If you still want to overclock your phone remove all kernel, then install the palm stock recovery kernal in preware, and then reinstall the Uber Kernal.

Best of luck.
    also try the F105 kernal most people have not had any problems with that kernal.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I guess your phone doesn't like overclocking. You might wanna try sticking to stock pre. ( You're more of a conservative person, rather than a risk taker) nothing wrong with that. (Ps). However, If you still want to overclock your phone remove all kernel, then install the palm stock recovery kernal in preware, and then reinstall the Uber Kernal.

Best of luck.
    I'm well up for risks normally, but I've only had my Pre 2 days, and not very familiar with it (nor kernals!) I wanna get stuck into the PDK too sometime... Palm needs way more devs.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oh and the kernel is working perfecto now, I took it out the charger and it let me change it to 800Mhz.
    Oh and the kernel is working perfecto now, I took it out the charger and it let me change it to 800Mhz.
    There we go.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Lol. I'm not sure I believe Govnah though. For one, it doesn't seem faster, and secondly it's COOLER when running at 800Mhz? xD

EDIT: Okay, it definitely feels faster
    Last edited by Sammo; 08/09/2010 at 03:31 PM.
    "I want to believe"