Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so im trying to tether my pre(not plus) and understand i need sdk to be working. i went through all the downloads like virtualbox, java, and the sdk itself. nothing i do with command prompts seems to work and when i try to open the sdk it flashes a command box then closes. im new to all this so im pretty sure its something simple im missing.

im following the directions on palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-hacktether-palm-pre-into-a-wifi-router/]How To Hack(Tether) Palm Pre into a WiFi Router! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog
    and get to the part where it says "Open up a command prompt (for Win XP) and go to your sdk/bin directory. For me, it was in C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin." how would i find this on windows vista 64bit?

i have no problems with developer mode or any of that so i think i can get it after this step, but any help would well...help

thanks
    Last edited by 3rdsurfer; 08/09/2010 at 12:28 PM.
    It's essentially in the same place. The difference is in 64-bit windows vs 32-bit(XP,Vista, or 7). If you don't know which one you have, then if you have 3gb of ram or less you most likely have 32-bit. If you have 4gb or more you should have 64-bit. In 64-bit windows, 'program files' is separated out into two directories. C:/Program Files for 64-bit applications and C:/Program Files(x86) for legacy 32-bit applications and libraries. Which is what the SDK is.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    you are using webOS quick install right? I explained how to for a friend and he tried to do it with the SDK.

if this helps, ....

http://m.forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/239471-how-install-mobile-hotspot-1-4-1-1-sprint-pre.html

since that site hasn't been chaged since aug 25th last year...

your on the right site now :-)
    Last edited by toyotast165; 08/09/2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the palm folder and java are located in C:\Program Files (x86). and i have 64bit, but virtualbox is in C:\Program Files
    That's because VirtualBox has a native 64-bit build. I thought Java did too, but I could be mistaken.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    wow im smart... the problem wasnt in the software...it was me not reading. all i needed to do is plug the phone in before one of the steps... thanks though now at least i know i have 64bit