Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Since there are a good number of devices that just can't handle the 1.2GHz speeds of SR71, I am curious how many can NOT handle the 1005MHz speeds of Warthog and F105. I am not asking about the difference between the kernels or anything like that, but I am wondering if there are ANY Palm Pre or Pre Plus devices that can't handle the 1GHz speed at this point. I know that Marco has put a LOT of effort into the F105 kernel to make it pretty much fully stable for everyone(lots and lots and lots of voltage tweaks to find where things break), so at this point, it seems like 1005MHz works for EVERYONE based on the lack of negative feedback since the -58 and -60 builds.

So, who still can't run their Pre or Pre Plus at 1005MHz?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How many Pres can NOT handle 1GHz?.......No response. I guest all Pres can.
    I have a Sprint Pre, and have been using F105 (overclocked @ 1005Mhz) for over a month or so now. It's never been better!
    There's differences in handling between 1ghz and 1.2ghz. It's not just a number that some Pre's can keep scaling up to. It's a handling of voltage, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    my sprint pre handles 1ghz fine, but when I stick 1.2 on her nancy norris starts acting up
    I doubt they would have added 1G to the UK, if all Pre's couldn't handle it. Now 1.05GHz and 1.2GHz might be a different story.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'm just wondering, has anyone had to do any doctor visits because of 1ghz? Cuz I'm still doing Uber, and I would like to go to a 1ghz kernal, just sort of afraid. Any issues with it??
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I'm just wondering, has anyone had to do any doctor visits because of 1ghz? Cuz I'm still doing Uber, and I would like to go to a 1ghz kernal, just sort of afraid. Any issues with it??
    for me personally I haven't had any 'problems' with 1ghz, but I do not use it. It just eats my battery wayyyy to much, so I usually just scale back to 800... Nice to always have the option to bump it up though if I need to
    No problems here on F105 on my Sprint Pre, and I've been running it since the early builds. All the negative reports regarding SR71 have kept me away. Not sure if the sprint pres are the 'weak' pres
    Mine is a Sprint Pre and I had a definite problem with F105 and had to remove it. My phone was overheating constantly, even when I wasn't using it. As a matter of fact, it didn't even stop when I removed it, I had to do a full doctor to get my phone back to normal, after trying that one for a few days.

I've gone back to Uberkernel. I have no problems with it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Mine is a Sprint Pre and I had a definite problem with F105 and had to remove it. My phone was overheating constantly, even when I wasn't using it. As a matter of fact, it didn't even stop when I removed it, I had to do a full doctor to get my phone back to normal, after trying that one for a few days.

Oh, really? That's not good, at all. I still wanna try the F105 because most people haven't had to many issues with it.

Right now I am doing Uber, it's ok, but something speedier would be nice. I know how to doctor my Pre Plus, just don't wanna have to do it all the time. Do you guys think I should go ahead and do F105, or just stick with Uber? Have most of you guys been doing OK with the F105?
    Risk taker, and Blackbird kernal user... 1ghz is still not high enough for me. ( I am a guy who risks lost or injury in the hope of gain or excitement). I need to push my phone to time without end.(Infinity)

ARE You WITH ME.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

If it was F105 that was doing it, then going back to the stock kernel would have fixed the problem. It does seem like all the Pres out there CAN handle the 1GHz speed based on the lack of responses. I know that 1.2GHz is a bit iffy for many different reasons, which is why I asked about the 1GHz mark and people running into problems.

One thing about the work that Unixpsycho has done is he not only got us to the 1GHz mark, but he also developed the screenstate governor, which offsets the increased power drain we see from running at the higher speeds. So, if you leave your screen off most of the day(you work for a living and don't play with your phone all day long), you SHOULD be able to get 8 hours or more out of your phone before the stock battery dies. Screenstate really is a battery saver.
    Like others mine can handle the 1ghz with no issues, the 1.2ghz, is a different story.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    1 ghz no problem, 1.2 and I don't even make it past the Palm screen. Really happy with the F105, so I have to change the batteries once in a while, it's still worth it!

Cheers,
    vespacar
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Like others mine can handle the 1ghz with no issues, the 1.2ghz, is a different story.
    Ok, I think I'm going to try and do the F105.

Any last minute tips, stories, or issues anyone??
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    1g fine for mine, 1.2g did not work for my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Ok, I think I'm going to try and do the F105.

Any last minute tips, stories, or issues anyone??
    Last minute tip: Don't bother with F105. Just update Uberkernel as it now supports 1Ghz.
    I've been using the Uberkernel 1GHz 1.4.5-92 since about a week after it's release and haven't encountered any problems aside from trying to leave a lot of cards open and then firing up Tom Clancy HAWX, but that was more of a test, and I kept an eye on it, after 10 min of play, my temps were almost in the red. Aside from that little push, no major heat issues. My battery life isn't that great, but then, when was it ever. Maybe one day I'll invest in the bigger battery.

I'm guessing there isn't much difference between the 1GHz (uber) and the F-105...?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've been using the Uberkernel 1GHz 1.4.5-92 since about a week after it's release and haven't encountered any problems aside from trying to leave a lot of cards open and then firing up Tom Clancy HAWX, but that was more of a test, and I kept an eye on it, after 10 min of play, my temps were almost in the red. Aside from that little push, no major heat issues. My battery life isn't that great, but then, when was it ever. Maybe one day I'll invest in the bigger battery.

I'm guessing there isn't much difference between the 1GHz (uber) and the F-105...?
    I don't see an update for uber to go to 1ghz, or else, I would do that. Where is this 1ghz uberkernal?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast