Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I don't see an update for uber to go to 1ghz, or else, I would do that. Where is this 1ghz uberkernal?
    It's the alpha testing version of uber. I'm not sure of what the roadmap is for getting it into the public release.

Pip
    I don't see an update for uber to go to 1ghz, or else, I would do that. Where is this 1ghz uberkernal?
    If you have the testing feeds loaded in Preware you should be able to get it. http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I believe I found it under test feeds in preware. I'm also running 1.4.5 webOS and not sure if that's required as well.
    Oh, really? That's not good, at all. I still wanna try the F105 because most people haven't had to many issues with it.

Right now I am doing Uber, it's ok, but something speedier would be nice. I know how to doctor my Pre Plus, just don't wanna have to do it all the time. Do you guys think I should go ahead and do F105, or just stick with Uber? Have most of you guys been doing OK with the F105?
    There are just some Pres that don't seem to work well with the experimental kernels, however, it seems we are in the minority.

I bought mine used and the manufacture date is 06/23/09, so I am not talking about a newer Pre here. Most of the posts I read that claimed to have a problem were from people that had the original Pres, so I have to assume there is some glitch that is affecting them.

No worries for me, though, I knew what I was getting into and what could happen when I installed the testing kernel, so when the problem continued, I just pulled out the doctor.

I do have the testing thread enabled and updated Uber to the testing one. With it, I have no trouble or overheat running my phone at 1ghz.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    If it was F105 that was doing it, then going back to the stock kernel would have fixed the problem. It does seem like all the Pres out there CAN handle the 1GHz speed based on the lack of responses. I know that 1.2GHz is a bit iffy for many different reasons, which is why I asked about the 1GHz mark and people running into problems.

One thing about the work that Unixpsycho has done is he not only got us to the 1GHz mark, but he also developed the screenstate governor, which offsets the increased power drain we see from running at the higher speeds. So, if you leave your screen off most of the day(you work for a living and don't play with your phone all day long), you SHOULD be able to get 8 hours or more out of your phone before the stock battery dies. Screenstate really is a battery saver.
    That is what I tried to do, but no, it did not fix the problem. My overheating didn't stop until, as I said, I did a full doctor. If you read more threads on various topics, you will see that sometimes Pres can just be a but quirky that way.

Many people have done everything possible to remove a particular patch, theme or app that was causing a problem, only to find out that it didn't resolve the issue. Seems, sometimes, that not all the little tidbits are removed properly in some phones. There are others, of course, who have never had to deal with such an issue.

It is just one of those things some of us learn to accept when we fall in love with our phones! LOL!

And the second part, I know wasn't really directed at me, but it just made me laugh, so I had to comment on it. I do work, however, I am self-employed and work from the comfort of my own home, on my laptop. Thus, I can get away with working and playing on my phone all day!!!

This means, that your statement does not always apply, though we are rare, some of can work and play at the same time!
    I have my original Sprint Pre. I'm running the 1G UK with no problems or issues so far.

I've tried getting this testing kernal feed, but each time I get an error. Not sure why.
    Last edited by SmoothCriminal; 08/08/2010 at 04:26 PM.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    I've tried getting this testing kernal feed, but each time I get an error. Not sure why.
    Type very carefully, it will not work if there are any typos in the URL. I found this out, the hard way, after 2 days of fighting with it! LOL!

Funny thing, I had no trouble with the kernels testing feed. LOL!
    Ok, do this....Delete the testing feeds you have and then type the feeds in again. Make sure compressed is set to yes. Update feeds and then reboot your phone. When you open Preware again, the testing kernels should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Ok, do this....Delete the testing feeds you have and then type the feeds in again. Make sure compressed is set to yes. Update feeds and then reboot your phone. When you open Preware again, the testing kernels should be there.
    Whatever I do I get an error! If I update the feeds I get an error and if I reboot nothing happens! This is getting annoying...

Here to help and learn
    What type of error are you getting?

I don't think mine can handle it. Everytime I overclock, be it 720 or 800 I get random freezes and reboots. One of the reboots wipped all of my cookies somehow... Every apps preferences were gone. On the bright side it helped me find an issue in my app where the cookie would store what card you were on last and the DB would store all the actual info, if the cookie was deleted somehow the DB would load up, but it wouldn't default to a card. I rewrote it so that if there is no cookie, but there is a DB, the first card in the DB becomes the default and loads now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I don't think mine can handle it. Everytime I overclock, be it 720 or 800 I get random freezes and reboots. One of the reboots wipped all of my cookies somehow... Every apps preferences were gone. On the bright side it helped me find an issue in my app where the cookie would store what card you were on last and the DB would store all the actual info, if the cookie was deleted somehow the DB would load up, but it wouldn't default to a card. I rewrote it so that if there is no cookie, but there is a DB, the first card in the DB becomes the default and loads now.
    The freezing isn't nessesarily caused by the higher frequencies, but the lower ones. What was the minimum setting you used and which govenor?

I cant I overheat with just mobile hot spot running, and no overclocking. :P Heck a week ago when I had low service I tried uploading one picture and the phone got so hot I had to stop it. My phone seems to have lots of temperature issues.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The freezing isn't nessesarily caused by the higher frequencies, but the lower ones. What was the minimum setting you used and which govenor?
    I'm trying to remember, it was a couple of weeks back, but want to say everyone was recommending 125 for the low settings and that was what I had tried, 125/720. Then I went to 500/720 and had some problems too... could have been related to the swap thing though. I remember one day I hadn't recieved any texts or phone calls, then my wife tried calling me while standing in front of me and nothing. Did a reboot and somewhere around 5 texts came through and a notification about some voice messages that were available.

I'd consider giving it another go, but just doctored to 1.4.5 and there isn't a stable kernal patch in Preware for it. Just have not looked to see if a test one is available and have not done any research on it for 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I'm trying to remember, it was a couple of weeks back, but want to say everyone was recommending 125 for the low settings and that was what I had tried, 125/720. Then I went to 500/720 and had some problems too... could have been related to the swap thing though. I remember one day I hadn't recieved any texts or phone calls, then my wife tried calling me while standing in front of me and nothing. Did a reboot and somewhere around 5 texts came through and a notification about some voice messages that were available.

I'd consider giving it another go, but just doctored to 1.4.5 and there isn't a stable kernal patch in Preware for it. Just have not looked to see if a test one is available and have not done any research on it for 1.4.5.
    I would recommend staying with the UberKernel, using screenstate, conservative or performance govenors and not scaling below 500Mhz.

I tried the 800 ghz and it fried my power button. I pulled it off and never tried anything else. I loved the speed, but my old Pre could not take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I tried the 800 ghz and it fried my power button. I pulled it off and never tried anything else. I loved the speed, but my old Pre could not take it.
    Really? The basic uber did that? Dang!

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Like others mine can handle the 1ghz with no issues, the 1.2ghz, is a different story.
    same here
    Finally got the 1ghz Uber on my Pre Plus! Turns out when I was trying to add the kernel testing feeds, I was writing "webos-kernals-testing" instead of "webos-kernels-testing" lol stupid mistake.

So this 1ghz Uberkernal is pretty nice. Runs faster. No issues.

Here to help and learn
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast