1.    #1  
    Has anyone made an app that allows hiding or removing the camera icon? I work for the Govt. and if I can show the camera disabled I'll be allowed to bring my phone on site. I tried my hand at it but I'm no programmer.

Brian
    If you have Internalz, navigate to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/ then open the appinfo.json file and change the line:

Code:
    "visible": "true",
    to:

Code:
    "visible": "false",
    Back swipe, chose to save the file and reboot, no more camera.

Repeat process in reverse to have the camera app visible again.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    Not sure I can look at those but I will try once I get home this afternoon.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you have Internalz, navigate to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/ then open the appinfo.json file and change the line:

Code:
    "visible": "true",
    to:

Code:
    "visible": "false",
    Back swipe, chose to save the file and reboot, no more camera.

Repeat process in reverse to have the camera app visible again.
    Since the Op didn't give you a thanks for such valuable info. Let me go ahead and do it for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel_gml View Post
    Not sure I can look at those but I will try once I get home this afternoon.

Thank you
    If you have Preware, get yourself Internalz. You will not be sorry. haha
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    also ensure that you go into the prefrences in INTERNALZ and turn "master mode" on so that you can edit the appinfo.json file.
    Quote Originally Posted by wisty View Post
    also ensure that you go into the prefrences in INTERNALZ and turn "master mode" on so that you can edit the appinfo.json file.
    Ah, yes... good catch. You will need to do this in order to change any file outside of the /media partition.
    Great info to have Spader, so I have added a thanks, as well.

If I go visit my son, we'll be going into DC and while most places allow camera phones, some don't. This will allow me to make it disappear, very fast, whenever the need arises!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    um u ant really hide the cam on the back of the pre...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    um u ant really hide the cam on the back of the pre...
    But if the app were disabled so you couldn't use it, then there ya go.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    But if the app were disabled so you couldn't use it, then there ya go.
    Exactly! Most places just want to be certain you can't use it, so a temporary disabling is acceptable.

I read where someone else whose employer forbade the use of cameras could not afford to replace his existing cell phone, but really needed to carry it with him. However, it had a built-in camera. There was a model of the same phone that also came without a camera, so he found someone selling a broken one, super cheap. He picked it up and just swapped the backs, so the camera was covered. Then, when he was off work, he could swap the back again and use his camera, whenever he wanted. I think it was a Treo.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Although...

wouldn't duct tape be easier to apply and remove?
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Exactly! Most places just want to be certain you can't use it, so a temporary disabling is acceptable.

I read where someone else whose employer forbade the use of cameras could not afford to replace his existing cell phone, but really needed to carry it with him. However, it had a built-in camera. There was a model of the same phone that also came without a camera, so he found someone selling a broken one, super cheap. He picked it up and just swapped the backs, so the camera was covered. Then, when he was off work, he could swap the back again and use his camera, whenever he wanted. I think it was a Treo.
    That one would be nice. A solid back cover for those days when you just can't have a camera. Come to think of it. I could make one from the non-touchstone back and some new black vinyl. BRB in a few. Going to do that now.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Here is a new back without camera. Took the non-touchstone back and cleaned with alcohol. Then pulled tight a new layer of high gloss black vinyl. Almost anyone could do this and have the extra back cover to swap out at anytime.
    CIMG0252 d.jpg
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!