Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do I become a homebrew developer?
    patrick... I posted a link in your other thread.. did you read the page?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, it didn't say how to become a developer...
    Or I didn't see it... Sometimes I miss things..
  4.    #4  
    Here is what it says:
    If you're a webOS user - stay tuned, we're launching in a week or so. If you're a webOS developer - read on to learn how to enroll in the PreCentral Featured Apps program. Oh, one other thing - we don't want your money, we just want to help promote your apps. The program, it's free.
    That's just the first couple of paragraphs...

Not sure how to point you much more... scroll down and read the section called: "Multiple Ways for Developers to Engage PreCentral readers" the info is there along with a form. If that doesn't help, not sure what else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's just the first couple of paragraphs...

Not sure how to point you much more... scroll down and read the section called: "Multiple Ways for Developers to Engage PreCentral readers" the info is there along with a form. If that doesn't help, not sure what else to say.
    haha i dont know what to say... I just got done reading the other thread
    MatterOfFactJack
    what languages can you code in?
  8.    #8  
    I have just done a little HTML/CSS coding... and it was English
    ...................... Tumbling weeds............
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    ... and it was English

.... just collapsed. Classic Sorry Patrick.. that just caught me as funny No offense meant!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/05/2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    .... just collapsed. Classic

Anyways,

Html,css,javascript, c++, objective c, Python, these are all programmable languages. So when i asked, I didn't mean speaking languages like English, French, Spanish, etc...

You said you know Html,and Css, do you also know javascript, cause if you don't, your apps won't really do anything, they'll just be text.

The easiest way you could become a developer is to learn javascript while working on your html, and Css (but it's far from easy, and will take a long time). While I have very (and i mean very) limited knowledge of the three, I am not a developer, so don't ask me how to get started.

If i where the only one here who could help you, i'd say look from some online tutorials, but Let's wait to see what others have to say.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/06/2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: quoted post edited
  12.    #12  
    The thing is, I don't get it..
  13.    #13  
    OK, well, I catch on quick, but the thing is, I have the Palm Emulator, but I don't know how to make anything to upload to it...
    OK, well, I catch on quick, but the thing is, I have the Palm Emulator, but I don't know how to make anything to upload to it...
    the trick is to read dude... this is what you are not doing... go on palm developer site and read. whats the point of us repeating what is being said on palm's own site? you are either reading it here or there... and they explain it better
    MatterOfFactJack
  15.    #15  
    Is there another way to create apps without giving them your tax info?
    LOL.. I wasn't being mean... patrick made my night here and the other thread! Hopefully we can get him all set, up and running!

Patrick - You are off to a great start - just listen to these guys and they will guide you through the process
  17.    #17  
    Thanks lol
    Is there another way to create apps without giving them your tax info?
    Who is asking for tax info?
  19.    #19  
    Palm, when you try to create a developer account..
    Palm, when you try to create a developer account..
    I don't remember having to input tax info for my dev account

EDIT:

Correction yes if you upgrade to a developer account it does require tax info but you can make an account on developer.palm.com that is none developer account and that should get you started in developing apps and teach you how to use the SDK when you have an app ready to submit to palm then you need to give them your tax info. So just make an account as a community member on developer.palm.com
    Last edited by jack87; 08/05/2010 at 11:12 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast