Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have an idea for a homebrew app. Could someome make one that turns off your phone at a certian set time, and then turns it on at a different time. (I do not mean something like "preset reset" or "reset scheduler" I would like something that would turn your phone off at like, lets say, 12:00 AM and then turn it on at like, 6:30 AM)
    Thanks!!!
    Patrick
    I think there is an app like this already that puts the device into airplane mode at a certain time and takes it out of that mode at a preset time also. <head scratch>
    I use Battery Saver. Not actually turning it off, but puts it into airplane mode.
    I don't see any way to turn it completely off and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I use Battery Saver. Not actually turning it off, but puts it into airplane mode.
    I don't see any way to turn it completely off and on.
    LOL... that's the one!
  5.    #5  
    OK, I have used Battery Saver before, but I was looking for something that actually turns the phone off. Thanks anyway.. How do you become a Homebrew Developer?
  6.    #6  
    HelloNNNewman, are you a theme maker?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    HelloNNNewman, are you a theme maker?
    I don't do full themes, but wallpapers and custom boot screens.

OK, I have used Battery Saver before, but I was looking for something that actually turns the phone off. Thanks anyway.. How do you become a Homebrew Developer?
    Putting your device into Airplane Mode is essentially turning the device off since this deactivates the radio. With the screen turned off and device in Airplane Mode, the phone is basically fully off.
  8.    #8  
    Ohh, well full themes do not take that long to make, I have made 6 I think
    My username is "patrickc"
    Could you make me some icons?
    Everyone tells me that I should use Adobe Photoshop Pro, but I do not even have photoshop! Could you make me some icons for my Ferrari and Red Sox themes?
    Please and thank you!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't do full themes, but wallpapers and custom boot screens.

Putting your device into Airplane Mode is essentially turning the device off since this deactivates the radio. With the screen turned off and device in Airplane Mode, the phone is basically fully off.
    Ok, well the thing is I sometimes stay up late, and it is easy to turn Airplane mode off, but if the device shuts down, then it would be a little bit harder to get back on
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    What is the need to have the device completely powered off so often? You can use Mode Switcher to have a schedule of antennas on/off as well as opening apps or making settings 'profiles'... There is no way to have an app turn the actual device back on since there would be no computer on to tell the phone to turn back on...doing the Airport mode or using Mode Switcher would be the best in my book -you can also have it auto-turn off the screen at those times as well....
  11.    #11  
    OK, thanks! by the way, how do you become a homebrew creator?
    OK, thanks! by the way, how do you become a homebrew creator?
    I have nothing to do with that, but you can read up here:
    http://www.precentral.net/precentral...d-apps-program
    ltm this is a funny thread. Battery saver does exactly this...
  14.    #14  
    Workerb33, like the pic!
    The funny thing is, if you shut the phone off, like the OP wants, how would it know to start?
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    The funny thing is, if you shut the phone off, like the OP wants, how would it know to start?
    was thinking the same exact thing!
    I have an idea for a homebrew app. Could someome make one that turns off your phone at a certian set time, and then turns it on at a different time. (I do not mean something like "preset reset" or "reset scheduler" I would like something that would turn your phone off at like, lets say, 12:00 AM and then turn it on at like, 6:30 AM)
    Thanks!!!
    Patrick
    Well if your actually looking for something that will power down the device and turn it on at a certain time? -- not sure if that could be done (at least with current hardware in the phones).

Alternatively if just looking to turn off the radios, change settings to save battery life, check out Mode Switcher (see links in my sig).

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18.    #18  
    How do I download mode switcher
    How do I download mode switcher
    By reading the links in his signature.

If you haven't installed Preware yet, you will want to do that also. And before you ask how to do that.. here are the directions (read them fully):

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
  20.    #20  
    I have preware and I looked in WebOSQI and didn't see the app anywhere...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast