Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I'm dating myself here of course but, would it be feasible to attach a sound to the slider-open action/event? I'd love to be able to attach a Star Trek TOS (maybe even TNG) communicator sound to the action.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    I was actually thinking about the same thing lol. My buddy still has a Sidekick and yeah its a little annoying after a while, but I think it would be pretty sweet to have a patch for this.
    dude,that would be so cool,,i would love the star trek sound when I use the slider,good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    dude,that would be so cool,,i would love the star trek sound when I use the slider,good idea.
    bahahahahahahahhahaahahhaahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahaahahha wow just wow.
    i remember i had a kyocera slider phone through virgin mobile many years ago that had slider noises.......i wouldn't completely be against this novelty lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    bahahahahahahahhahaahahhaahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahaahahha wow just wow.
    and this amuses you so much why?
    and I evening got a wow out of him,,glad I could help yr dull life
    All disproportionate laughter aside, I think this would be a very fun patch. No idea how to implement it, but I'd certainly use it as long as it would go silent or vibrate when the silent switch is activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    I'm going to add another WOW! I had the LG Rumor, the slide sound annoyed me the first time I opened the keyboard, so disabling that was the first thing I learned how to do!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    we were talking about this almost a year ago now, still has happened.... for a reason. although it would be freakin hilarious to see each of the cast members of big bang theory wip em out and do that for a whole show lol
    the script would practically write itself by improv alone
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    and I evening got a wow out of him,,glad I could help yr dull life
    I'm not a him, it made me laugh cause your a huge nerd. :*
    I am a nerd because I thought his idea was cool and I guess because I like star trek or something,,am I getting this right?
    maybe it's the pocket protector and suspenders....jk
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I'm not a him, it made me laugh cause your a huge nerd. :*
    HAHA... never underestimate the power of nerds in large numbers love... but really though... I say if something makes someone happy, more power to em.

Isnt it better than saying they want a woman to moan every time we gesture around the button... Or god forbid... there really are people who download those fart generators and tip calculators...
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Clearly there would be a way to implement this since there is a patch to hang up when you close the slider. While I am not a programmer, someone who is SHOULD be able to see how THAT patch works and tie in an audio function.
    lightsaber noises on open/close ftw
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonie luv View Post
    lightsaber noises on open/close ftw
    just another use-case for the patch. I love it!
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Turtle-comm. Enough said.
    Are you guys saying you want the Star Trek sound of the elevator door or the living quarters doors opening and closing when the keyboard is opened?

I love that, so cool!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Are you guys saying you want the Star Trek sound of the elevator door or the living quarters doors opening and closing when the keyboard is opened?

I love that, so cool!

Rob
    No. The communicators (arguably the inspiration for cell phones) made twittery sounds when they were flipped open. I believe that's what they're talking about. Really, the patch should allow you to use whatever sound file you wish.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast