Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    MPlayer is a good player, now it can be run on Pre
    w up
    a left
    s down
    d right
    for keys to jump
    P pause
    q quit

    put your moveis at /media/internal/video
    and you can play it,But it is only ornamental。。。
    it is so slow,because the app use sdl for video out;

    I don't know, Why palm don't provide omapfb driver ,so maemo's code could not use;

    now on pre , we have a way to optimize the mplayer : opengl_es!

    but I'am not good at this ,Especially GLSL。。

    I hope anyone can help me to optimize this player;

    EMAIL <email deleted by Mod>
    by chomper

    this forums did't allow upload big file ..

    download link:chomper.app.mplayer_0.11_all.ipk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download


    use the patch file:
    1.use the patch;
    download mplayer-1.0rc3.tar.bz2 at mplayerhq.hu
    tar -xf *.tar.bz2
    cd mplayer
    patch -Np1 < mplayer4pre.patch
    2.edit something;
    edit the config.sh
    edit the --CC=you toolchain(I use gcc-4.6 build by myself...);
    3.run sh config.sh
    4.edit the config.h and config.mak on the sdl driver by youself;
    in config.h
    -#undef CONFIG_SDL
    +#define CONFIG_SDL 1
    in config.mak
    -SDL = no
    +SDL = yes
    don't forget add -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined(because of palm...) and -lSDL with link time'
    5.just "make -j 4" or "make -j 8",and wait a moment..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by woshithb; 08/06/2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: deleted email address
  2. #2  
    Does this play Avi?...and other video formats?
  3.    #3  
    yes all of the formats,but mkv....
  4.    #4  
    anyone can help me ?
  5. #5  
    were you able to submit it to any feeds?
    MatterOfFactJack
  6. #6  
    Not a lot of people even know this part of the forum exist. i'll be testing now. Sit tight.


    Dude the download site is in chinese. I dont understand anything im seeing. Upload to English.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Not a lot of people even know this part of the forum exist. i'll be testing now. Sit tight.


    Dude the download site is in chinese. I dont understand anything im seeing. Upload to English.
    I upload it on 4shared
  8. #8  
    I couldn't get it to open once installed. Did you make this with the SDK or PDK?
  9. #9  
    same here. File downloaded and installed, just will not open.
  10. #10  
    I opened it and it refers to the sdl libraries, so it is probably for 1.4.5 only. It looks like a port from the Iphone mplayer program.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I opened it and it refers to the sdl libraries, so it is probably for 1.4.5 only. It looks like a port from the Iphone mplayer program.
    I compile the app from mplayer for pc;
    it use sdl driver;I modified it for pre
    I want a opengles drivers but not good at it;
  12. asmw's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  
    Hi woshi thb,

    just out of curiosity, can you provide your patch to mplayer?

    edit: hehe, your name is a curse word... thus i spaced it
  13. #13  
    I'm getting the feeling 1.4.5 is being held back to be included in whatever the next update is going to be. 1.5? Perhaps US carriers think it's not worth the possible spike in customer service VS the amount of ppl they have who are available to answer webOS problems.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wo****hb View Post
    I compile the app from mplayer for pc;
    it use sdl driver;I modified it for pre
    I want a opengles drivers but not good at it;
    Should probably post something on the webOS internals board asking for assistance.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by asmw View Post
    Hi woshi thb,

    just out of curiosity, can you provide your patch to mplayer?

    edit: hehe, your name is a curse word... thus i spaced it
    upload the patch file ~~
    This use SDL_OVERLAY for output, if use OPENGLES, I don't know how to do it ...
  16. #16  
    damn any easier way to get this working?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  17. #17  
    Run /usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/mplayer to execute. It is *extremely* slow in rendering video, but it does accurately detect and play all the standard mplayer file types (including wmv), so the only task is to correct the speed problem. My first thought is that the internal GPU/DSP is not being used, and all the decoding is being done on the main CPU. Not sure how to enable this, I suspect it has something to do with the linking libraries. This is worth looking into!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wo****hb View Post
    MPlayer is a good player, now it can be run on Pre
    w up
    a left
    s down
    d right
    for keys to jump
    P pause
    q quit

    put your moveis at /media/internal/video
    and you can play it,But it is only ornamental。。。
    it is so slow,because the app use sdl for video out;

    I don't know, Why palm don't provide omapfb driver ,so maemo's code could not use;

    now on pre , we have a way to optimize the mplayer : opengl_es!

    but I'am not good at this ,Especially GLSL。。

    I hope anyone can help me to optimize this player;

    EMAIL <email deleted by Mod>
    by chomper

    this forums did't allow upload big file ..

    download link:chomper.app.mplayer_0.11_all.ipk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download


    use the patch file:
    1.use the patch;
    download mplayer-1.0rc3.tar.bz2 at mplayerhq.hu
    tar -xf *.tar.bz2
    cd mplayer
    patch -Np1 < mplayer4pre.patch
    2.edit something;
    edit the config.sh
    edit the --CC=you toolchain(I use gcc-4.6 build by myself...);
    3.run sh config.sh
    4.edit the config.h and config.mak on the sdl driver by youself;
    in config.h
    -#undef CONFIG_SDL
    +#define CONFIG_SDL 1
    in config.mak
    -SDL = no
    +SDL = yes
    don't forget add -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined(because of palm...) and -lSDL with link time'
    5.just "make -j 4" or "make -j 8",and wait a moment..
    Could you please update this post with the patch that matches your latest MPlayer release that is mentioned on the front page of PreCentral?

    If you need hosting for source code for automatic GPL compliance, WebOS Internals would be happy to help out with that.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions