1.    #1  
    So my boss really wants a demo of the app I have been developing and by far the most appropriate way would be for me to do a video capture of the Palm Pre's screen. It would need to be an actual device since the app I am demoing depends on sensor information.

Does anybody know how to accomplish this. If I could just get the screen to display on the computer (like in the emulator or something) I could handle it from there, but I do not know of anyway to capture or export the video.

Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by pphelps View Post
    So my boss really wants a demo of the app I have been developing and by far the most appropriate way would be for me to do a video capture of the Palm Pre's screen. It would need to be an actual device since the app I am demoing depends on sensor information.

Does anybody know how to accomplish this. If I could just get the screen to display on the computer (like in the emulator or something) I could handle it from there, but I do not know of anyway to capture or export the video.

Peter
    At this time, you must use a camcorder/webcam to get the video. I assume Palm is working to get better solutions and I hope we will soon have an app that will do screen captures for us, but Palm has to enable it (since certain things are painted over the actual screen buffer, like video, and wouldn't show up in a screen capture).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    or just use the emulator and camtasia, works pretty good for me
  4.    #4  
    Thanks arthurthornton. That was the general impression I got from what I could find but I thought that I would check to see if it had changed recently (and was poorly publicized).

Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    or just use the emulator and camtasia, works pretty good for me
    Yes, it does work well, unless like the OP, you need to use various sensors ON device.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by pphelps View Post
    Thanks arthurthornton. That was the general impression I got from what I could find but I thought that I would check to see if it had changed recently (and was poorly publicized).

Peter
    You're welcome. Ben @ Palm said (a couple months back) that they want this feature but the whole videos being painted on top of the actual frame buffer prevents it.

If you so desire, you can directly read the frame buffer and turn that into a video: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...57&f=93&t=6383 (the 10th post)
    Arthur Thornton