Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    itd be awesome if this worked on the pixi...
    Can anyone tell me the differences in the emulation between this and VBA?
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Well ti does work fine on 1.4.1 though i have to say my mario kart experiment def runs worse on this than on vba. Others may be fine but mode7 scaling seems to kill this emu. I need to put some more roms on to test.

<note> thats over clocked to 800 btw. Last time I used vba I don't think I had the 800 patch. Maybe 600 and it still ran better than this.</note>
    I also feel that Golden Sun runs slower, even at 1.2Ghz. Maybe it's only the sound, but I couldn't find how to disable it.
    Works with Sprint WebOS 1.4.1 now, but even at 1 GHZ it runs really slow. I've tried about 7 of my GBA roms and none of them work well at all.
    I used Mario Kart, Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World, Metroid Fusion and Zero mission, Donkey Kong Country, Contra Advance, Zelda Link to the past, etc...
    I love that it's in portrait mode, but even with VBA this can be done as well with Orange key and @ key. I am not sure how it runs with WebOS 1.4.5 but yeah this emulator gets blown away by VBA and unfortunately I was hoping for save state and key mapping. The CPS2 Emulator works great though, I suggest others to install that Emulator, thanks a lot for creating these emulators, I will look for further updates.
    Last edited by dachiefmizzy; 08/03/2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Can anyone tell me the differences in the emulation between this and VBA?

There is pretty much no difference at this point. It actually doesn't seem to run any GBA roms better than with VBA. I suggest we wait until 1.4.5 finally gets rolled out and try version 1.1 of this app. I am very grateful we have alternatives though and I hope to see more updates.
  7.    #27  
    update
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    For me, first i had to restart to get it to run at all. Now it opens, flashes something and immediately closes.
  9.    #29  
    you must put some romfile.gba into /media/internal/vba/roms
    i used the cps2emu app that the OP posted as well (search for the thread) and it works legit im not into GBA personally so i wont be trying this one but the OP is def not tied in with any fake app catalog scams or anything of that nature
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    The new update works great! thanks again!
    By the way, what did you change in the update?
    some compiling options (read the edited first post), and disabled sound
    Where might we find the source code for this project?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    I didn't realize this at first, I find it 'interesting' the roms need to be put in /media/internal/vba/roms
    I'll stick with VisualBoy Advance, the original and best
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I didn't realize this at first, I find it 'interesting' the roms need to be put in /media/internal/vba/roms
    I'll stick with VisualBoy Advance, the original and best

He's probably made it this way to allow us to keep all our roms in one folder. I'm happy for cooperation between apps.
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    That was my original thought, but unless dtzwill can see the source, it might be grounds for plagiarism, which isn't cool. Though the OP has shown his competence with other code so far.
    Thread closed pending issues.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12