Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Really HP? that's what to expect?
    HP developers release their first webOS app
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Its a start in learning webos.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    These HP apps, are just apps independently created by HP's engineers. It was a challenge by i believe Mckinny, asking HP engineers to create their own apps.

Not exactly like an app HP as a company is creating.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Really HP? that's what to expect?
    HP developers release their first webOS app
    Old news. HP has been encouraging their engineers to learn to develop webOS apps. It was even discussed on a P|C front page article this week...
    There are several “HP” developed apps on the catalog. At first we thought it was somebody faking an HP user name, but found out that HP Software Engineers were challenged to develop for WebOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    based on the "HP" developed apps, it looks like we're/they're in for a long road ahead while these so called developers "learn" the in and outs of webOS.

Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from this buyout.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    based on the "HP" developed apps, it looks like we're/they're in for a long road ahead while these so called developers "learn" the in and outs of webOS.

Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from this buyout.
    Talk about a "glass is half empty" view of things...

How about being excited that the world's largest technology company is encouraging their engineers to dive in, and that they setting the example for other development communities they influence. Some of them probably work with corporate customers and will influence them to build webOS apps based on what they see HP doing.

How about getting excited that their corporate sales force is now selling Palm phones, and developing a strategy for their channel to also sell webOS devices?

Perhaps you are a much better programmer. Congratulations for that. Let's encourage them. Perhaps you can share your considerable talent with the authors of any app that you find lacking?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    It's an OK app, but there are other webOS world clock apps out there that are better.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    awwwww i had my money placed on a soundboard
    They are not the result of an HP design project. We are probably not even talking about software engineers here. There are 47,000 of them and some want a free Pre from McKinney.
    How soon until the first HP fart app?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Talk about a "glass is half empty" view of things...

How about being excited that the world's largest technology company is encouraging their engineers to dive in, and that they setting the example for other development communities they influence. Some of them probably work with corporate customers and will influence them to build webOS apps based on what they see HP doing.

How about getting excited that their corporate sales force is now selling Palm phones, and developing a strategy for their channel to also sell webOS devices?

Perhaps you are a much better programmer. Congratulations for that. Let's encourage them. Perhaps you can share your considerable talent with the authors of any app that you find lacking?
    I'll be the first to admit I know squat about programming. I even tried to learn but didn't get very far. With that being said I don't believe I should compare my programming ability with engineers that do it for a living.

Yeah, I am being a little critical on webOS but can you blame me?, HP/Palm has not released anything of significance, software or hardware wise.
    Come on palm, If I didn't care I would have left by now! (1 foot is out the door)
    the emptier the barrel, the louder the noise.
    At least it wasnt a fart generator, or an ebook of something thats been in the public domain for a long time... or an egg timer... or one of those bleeding "Agent" apps that flood preware from time to time...

Remember weve had over a year to play around with webOS... so many of the developers out there have had plenty of chance to see how it has grown and changed... had a chance to see what the device is capable of by participating with other developers on the palm dev forums and here... these HP guys are just now starting... its been a month.
    : Slaps forehead : gonna be a longggggggggg process.
    These aren't just engineers creating apps, they're employees from all over the company - sales, QA, janitorial, etc.

The instructions for app submittal were very specific about 2 things.
    1. Submit to the beta catalog
    2. Do not include the app in the RSS feed

So the apps that are showing up in the catalog were submitted by employees that weren't detail oriented enough to follow the submission instructions. This might explain the quality.