1.    #1  
    Anyone ever played kings? Me and my friends play religiously, but at times find ourselves without a deck of cards so I wanted to develop an app for it. Here is a quick mockup I just made, what do u guys think? You guys play kings? What would you love to see...

I would love this app! You are talking about Kings Cup right? Either way a drinking game app would be key, maybe even include more than 1 game so it can be a party app. The mockup looks great btw.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I would love this app! You are talking about Kings Cup right? Either way a drinking game app would be key, maybe even include more than 1 game so it can be a party app. The mockup looks great btw.
    Yeah, Kings will be an instant success, but a 'party' app would be flawless..im really interested!
    That's pretty cool, but can you make an app that makes me not suck at pong ?
  5.    #5  
    Sweet! What other card games do you guys play?

My friends and I sometimes play this game called black-n-red, pretty much draw a card but you have to guess the color before you do, if your right you pass otherwise drink.

Also, ***** The Dealer, you get two chances to guess the right card that the player drew, when he "knocks out" 3 people in a row he passes the deck, but this would be hard considering we usually put the drawn cards in a pile, but now that I think about it, it would prevent the usual card counting we do lol.

I would also like to see some made up games, My girlfriend suggested a "party" app as well with multiple games, etc.. so perhaps some fun drinking trivia too.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Well Mr. Roman, I got ya covered on the card games. I'm the guy who tries to get a group of people playing cards and socializing whenever I can.

The black-n-red is just the start to the good-bad-ugly game. How we play is You have a dealer that asks black or red to each person....same rule: screw it up you drink 1, if you get it you pass 1. Then the second round you guess higher or lower than the card number you got in the first round. Since its the second round we do 2 drinks (pass or drink). Third round is decide if the card you will get is outside the two numbers you have or in between (say: outside or in between). 3 drinks obviously

4th round each player has to decide if their card will match one of the suites they have or not (say: same suit or different).

The dealer guesses with everyone else as they don't have any more likelihood of getting it right than anyone else.

After the 4th round everyone has 4 cards and the dealer starts the good, the bad, and the ugly part. place a card face up and call good: if you have this card you give it to some one and they drink one. Next place a card in a second spot (next to the 'good' pile) and call 'Bad' where if you have the card you drink one. Then put a third card out for the 'Ugly' pile where if you have it, you drink face value, as in if you have an Ace, you drink 14!

The idea is that someone will have more cards based on how other players handed theirs when a 'good' card came up, and that person will have to 'Ride the Bus'

Not the easiest to explain on a forum, but fun as $H!+ to play! And lots of drinking - which we Wisconsinites need.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    This is a great idea! I have played Kings many times. I do have a suggestion though. Ok, i have played Kings with many different groups of people and they all seem to have different rules for each card. I think it would be a great idea to allow people to enter their own rules for each card.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Another game to play is called 8s. You place the four 8s on your table in a column. Deal out the rest evenly to all players, and take turns placing one card in the appropriate suit row. The way to have a good turn is by placing a card that 'connects to' the 8 of that suite. So to start you want to have 7s and/or 9s. If you connect, you hand out the number of connected cards however you want. So when you finish a suite, you will be handing out 14 drinks! if 4,5,6,7,8,9 connect, obviously you hand out 6.

You are screwed if you have a card that doesn't connect, as in there would be a gap between your number and the next connected card. As in you have a 4 and the connections for that suite are 7,8,9,10. In that case you drink the difference by subtracting your number from 8 (8-4=4 drinks).

These are pretty standard rules, but for fun stuff, we also added that when you finish a row, not only do you hand out 14 drinks to suckers at the table, you also get to make a rule ala A$$h0!3. So when the game ends you should have 3 rules (like you can't drink with your dominant hand, say your mom's name at the end of each sentence, etc).

Great game, but play this one when most or all players are sober, cuz that won't be the case at the end of the game!

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Another drinking game we play at get-togethers (what of it? We drink A LOT, its like a ten month winter up here!)

is called connections. Deal out the cards to the players evenly, with players leavin their cards face down. Take turns flipping over one card. If players have the same suite OR number as the person on either side of them, there is a connection. So if Sally turned a K of Hearts, then I turned a 3 of Diamonds, no connection, play continues.

If Sally turns the same and I turn a 3 of Hearts, and Chad who is next has a 3 of diamonds from his previous turn, that is a three player connection and all three have to drink face value.

Two ways of doing this part. Easy/quitter way is just drink face value. For the more rambunctious crowd, the next player that is NOT connected counts up to the highest number of the connected players.

So if Dave was after Chad and had a card that did not connect with Chad, he would count to 13 at his own pace. He could count really slow to 3 for me and Chad (when he hits three we are done) and keep going more respectively for Sally (he doesn't want her to pass out cuz he wants to hook up with her later, but I digress).

The fun part of this method is if I finish my drink (and put my cup/can/bottle down)before Dave reaches 3, he finishes counting for Sally and then I get to count to 3 while he drinks. If he fails to count to 3 before I finish and Sally also finishes before he reaches 13, she trumps me and she gets to count to 13.

Sick game!

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Sorry if any of these three would be difficult to program to an app that is intended to actually BE the cards. I contend that you wouldn't use your Pre for card games in most situations if cards are available, and if you have more than two or three people together....go get some d@mn cards! LOL

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Well Mr. Roman, I got ya covered on the card games. I'm the guy who tries to get a group of people playing cards and socializing whenever I can.

The black-n-red is just the start to the good-bad-ugly game. How we play is You have a dealer that asks black or red to each person....same rule: screw it up you drink 1, if you get it you pass 1. Then the second round you guess higher or lower than the card number you got in the first round. Since its the second round we do 2 drinks (pass or drink). Third round is decide if the card you will get is outside the two numbers you have or in between (say: outside or in between). 3 drinks obviously

4th round each player has to decide if their card will match one of the suites they have or not (say: same suit or different).

The dealer guesses with everyone else as they don't have any more likelihood of getting it right than anyone else.

After the 4th round everyone has 4 cards and the dealer starts the good, the bad, and the ugly part. place a card face up and call good: if you have this card you give it to some one and they drink one. Next place a card in a second spot (next to the 'good' pile) and call 'Bad' where if you have the card you drink one. Then put a third card out for the 'Ugly' pile where if you have it, you drink face value, as in if you have an Ace, you drink 14!

The idea is that someone will have more cards based on how other players handed theirs when a 'good' card came up, and that person will have to 'Ride the Bus'

Not the easiest to explain on a forum, but fun as $H!+ to play! And lots of drinking - which we Wisconsinites need.
    I love how drinking games evolve and change with where people live. We play "Up and Down the River" with the same initial set-up as ur game. After everyone has four cards, we lay out the rest of the cards face down in rows of four. Then we flip them with "give a drink" and "take a drink" if you have that card. For each row, the drinks go up. The very last row is just one card and it's a "kill" card, where you have to pound a beer if you have it.

we usually play this as the finale to our ********* games as this will definitely get you drunk. When ur on the 8th row, and you have friends who count slow, things get ugly :P
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think card games are like how our ancestors passed stories down through the generations. They're all basically added to or modified based on the people playing them, and I agree its funny to hear how much some of these can change.

13.    #13  
    Thanks for the input fellas, since this will be my first WebOS App, I'll develop the Kings game first, then start adding more games.

I'm actually going to start developing now, so... I'll be back with more progress.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am really looking forward to this. I can't wait to have extemporaneous games of Kings Cup. Brilliant.

For waterfall, do you guys drink until the initial drinker stops, or until the person before you stops?