View Poll Results: Who provides your cable service?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comcast Xfinity

30 68.18%
  • Dishnetwork

2 4.55%
  • DirecTV

3 6.82%
  • Verizon FIOS

1 2.27%
  • Cox Communications

2 4.55%
  • Time Warner

4 9.09%
  • Adelphia

0 0%
  • AT&T

2 4.55%
  • Cable Vision

0 0%
  • Mediacom

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    If anyone is interested in getting the Comcast Mobile App on webOS head over here and let them know.

It would be awesome to remotely program my DVR on the go, Verizon and DirecTV already have apps in the catalog.

You have to submit your e-mail to post, and then they will send you a SPAM verification e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Comcast

Introducing
    Comcast mobile App

Now you can access even more of your favorite Comcast features when you are on the go. Our latest upgrade gives you access to myDVR Manager™ with the ability to remotely schedule your DVR, automatic notifications when new email and voicemails arrive plus other new enhancements.

iPhone® & iPod touch® (BlackBerry® Coming Soon)

Disclaimer: Compatible mobile device required. Airtime charges may apply. Check with your carrier. Not all services & features available in all areas. Advertised features available to Comcast residential customers with Digital TV, Digital Voice, & High-Speed Internet service. Call for restrictions & complete details.

Available on the iPhone: App Store
    Get all this on the go:

* Comcast.net Email: Stay on top of the messages you need
    * Comcast Digital Voice: Visual Voicemail, call logs and manage your
    call forwarding
    * Universal Address Book: Sync your phone contacts with your
    online contacts
    * What's on TV: Find out what's on today, tomorrow, this
    week and next
    * myDVR Manager™: Schedule recordings and manage your upcoming recordings right from your mobile device
    (myDVR Manager™ only available in select markets. More markets coming soon.)
    * On Demand: Watch the latest On Demand trailers.
    Find free movies!
    GO LET THEM KNOW WE WANT IT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Butters3605; 07/30/2010 at 12:00 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    You don't know whether Cox has anything like this for the iPhone, by any chance?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    I don't know about Cox, I have heard that they may start offering their own wireless/data service with their own app store.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Are we talking about the same company? Cox (at least in Oklahoma City) is a cable TV provider...

(I'm familiar with Comcast because that's what my mom, who lives in Missouri, has).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Are we talking about the same company? Cox (at least in Oklahoma City) is a cable TV provider...

(I'm familiar with Comcast because that's what my mom, who lives in Missouri, has).
    Yup, http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10076435-94.html

Very interesting...

Well, Cox is my cable provider and I have one of thier digital cable boxes with DVR. It would be nice to be able to control the DVR from my Pre, like you can do with the Comcast iPhone app that you mentioned.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

7.    #7  
    Comcast just pushed the box update the enables myDVR in my area, I am surprised that there is such little interest in this...

Does Cox have the ability to remotely program the DVR?

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    commented, thanks for the heads up!
    Thanks for the heads up, I posted a comment for WebOS.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    I can't really vote because at my house we have both comcast and directv but i would love a comcast app
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I can't really vote because at my house we have both comcast and directv but i would love a comcast app
    Please leave comment on the site.

how about a choice for people that don't have cable/etc but just OTA broadcast channels?
  13.    #13  
    polls only allow for 10 options, I just chose the top 10 US TV Providers

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would love one, though I bet you could figure out the API from the iPhone version
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  15.    #15  
    I have zero programming skills, but if someone wanted to look into it that would be awesome.

However, Comcast is very protective of the equipment/services, anything outside "their world" is strictly off-limits. I would love to see this come officially from Comcast.

Bump for this. need more people to post. Lets get a webos app out of them.
    Only one other person besides me on Cox? Seems odd....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Comcast and I hate those *******s.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM