Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I have my pre over clocked with the blackbird kernel (AND Love it!) But when I play 3D games like Monopoly, NOVA, or Battle Field 2 the game sometimes freezes(Requiring me to pull the battery), randomly closes, or the phone has a heart attack and restarts on its own.

Today an interesting thing happened though, I was playing Monopoly and I got a message, the phone froze with the vibration running lol. I pulled the battery and everything is dandy.

The Fix for this is I put my pre back to 500Mhz before playing the 3D game and didnt have any of these problems.

However, I havent tested this with the 800Mhz or 1Ghz kernels...

Anyone else having similar issues? Anyone keeping it at 1.2Ghz and NOT facing these annoyances? If so what are you doing different than me haha.
    i believe (and take this with a large grain of salt) it was stated somewhere in the sr71 thread that when a pdk game was launched it sent a temp warning and that is what was causing the issue.

I for one had the issue everytime i launched a pdk game. what i ended up doing was clocking it back down to 1ghz (when using sr71) and it worked fine. Also, it works fine with any other kernel (f105,104,102etc...)
    Just wanted to add that I can run any of my 3D games with SR71 and I haven't had any issues at any frequency, including 1.2GHz. The games I sometimes play are NOVA, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, HAWX, Gangstar, NFSU, and Jump O'Clock. Now I know that doesn't really help your issue but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Just wanted to add that I can run any of my 3D games with SR71 and I haven't had any issues at any frequency, including 1.2GHz. The games I sometimes play are NOVA, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, HAWX, Gangstar, NFSU, and Jump O'Clock. Now I know that doesn't really help your issue but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Your lucky! I often have issues with game only though.
    BUT now I will try to clock it back to 1.ghz and hopefully thatlls be smooth!
    I really don't understand why threads like this are in the General discussion and not the forum specific to the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I really don't understand why threads like this are in the General discussion and not the forum specific to the problem.
    Didnt the SR71 forum get closed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    Didnt the SR71 forum get closed?
    yup.
    Just a quick note from left field to the OP: the noun you were looking for is "INSTABILITY".

Proceed.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Just a quick note from left field to the OP: the noun you were looking for is "INSTABILITY".

Proceed.
    Haha, Thank you for your concern but I was aiming for a bit of immaturity for funzzies lol.