1.    #1  
    haven't done to much searching yet... but how does our phone and sdk/pdk handle live video streaming? if at all.

Basically i want to take a friends home security system and stream it to the Palm... I have downloaded the SDK for the DVR system and it's all C++ functions. not sure on where to start.. there is an iPhone app.. but i'm not sure if the app is a true c++ app or a "web page" app any way to tell?

I'm looking into the links below...

How to Ditch Flash and Stream Video with HTML5 - PCWorld

4.8.6 The video element — HTML5
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    haven't done to much searching yet... but how does our phone and sdk/pdk handle live video streaming? if at all.

Basically i want to take a friends home security system and stream it to the Palm... I have downloaded the SDK for the DVR system and it's all C++ functions. not sure on where to start.. there is an iPhone app.. but i'm not sure if the app is a true c++ app or a "web page" app any way to tell?

I'm looking into the links below...

How to Ditch Flash and Stream Video with HTML5 - PCWorld

4.8.6 The video element HTML5
    Your best bet is to:

1) Write (in C++) the necessary code to pull in the video from the home security system DVR and put it into h.264 format inside an MPEG4 container in live time (or on a 5 second delay to account for conversions)

2) Pass that live stream file to a streaming video daemon (i.e. ffserver)

3) Using the SDK (JavaScript and HTML) for webOS, use the HTML5 video tag to pull the video onto the device to watch it.

Of course, this requires good knowledge of C++.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Most decent security camera systems already have a streaming server setup. Just need it to stream in the right format, then it can be pulled into any standard Mojo app. Problem is that a fair number of the easy setup ones only stream the video in flv or wmv/asx format, which WebOS can't play atm. If your DVR can stream in mp4 format then you should be fine to just pull it into a standard Mojo app. Just don't forget to have your app log you in first.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  4.    #4  
    ok i just got the SDK to run.... but i can't get it to compile in visual studio 2010... maybee i should try visual studio 2008...

Below is a screenshot of the SDK... it's just a basic C++ app that does every function of the security system... iPhone already has a very basic app that you can login and view the cameras live.

So now.. i basically need to put this sdk into a WebOS type container... and at least try and get a simple login and return of version number from a remote server.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    ok i just got the SDK to run.... but i can't get it to compile in visual studio 2010... maybee i should try visual studio 2008...

Below is a screenshot of the SDK... it's just a basic C++ app that does every function of the security system... iPhone already has a very basic app that you can login and view the cameras live.

So now.. i basically need to put this sdk into a WebOS type container... and at least try and get a simple login and return of version number from a remote server.
    Mind specifying the security system?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
  6.    #6  
    avermedia they are a bigger 'name' brand type kinda like geovision.
    I've been looking for a way to do this for a while now. Unfortunately I'm not quite as computer literate as most. I have installed homebrew apps and can follow instructions well. My DVR is geovision and it currently feeds live view over the net but webOS cant handle it. What is the Mojo App? and is it just a case of logging onto the system through it?
    Any help is truely appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfiend View Post
    I've been looking for a way to do this for a while now. Unfortunately I'm not quite as computer literate as most. I have installed homebrew apps and can follow instructions well. My DVR is geovision and it currently feeds live view over the net but webOS cant handle it. What is the Mojo App? and is it just a case of logging onto the system through it?
    Any help is truely appreciated.
    What is the format of the video? And what is the file extension?

(i.e. is it a WMV, MP4 -- divx or xvid, etc.)
    Arthur Thornton

I log onto the server through the webOS browser and it comes up with Mpeg4 or JPEG options.
    Streaming video would be better than still pictures but I'd take anything at the moment, cheers.

*not sure how I would find out the file extension.
    Last edited by monkeyfiend; 10/12/2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: extra info