Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I've started using Bluetooth to play podcasts and radio programs over my car stereo, but I don't like talking on the phone hands free. Unfortunately, any time my phone is linked to the car via Bluetooth and I answer the phone or place a call, the call starts as either a "Bluetooth" or "speaker" call (I haven't figured out yet why it sometimes chooses speaker mode).

I would much prefer that when either placing or answering a call, the phone do so in "normal" mode. Audio muting via Bluetooth is fine -- that's kind of cool, but I want to always have my conversation via the handset.

If anyone here has a similar interest and more programming skill than I, a patch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    on mine, answering from the phone puts it to the phone's speaker and mic. If I answer from the bluetooth device, it answers from there. If I answer from the touchstone, I get speakerphone. Isn't that what you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    on mine, answering from the phone puts it to the phone's speaker and mic. If I answer from the bluetooth device, it answers from there. If I answer from the touchstone, I get speakerphone. Isn't that what you get?
    Thats what I get... hitting answer on the phone, even if bluetooth is connection answers on the phone... same with touchstone, even with bluetooth on it goes to speakerphone if I answer from there. The only time it routes to my bluetooth is when I press the button on the bluetooth to answer the phone.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    That makes sense. Do you know of any way that I can answer the phone and have it answer in "normal" mode, even though it will be sitting on a Touchstone when the call comes in?

-darren
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Thats what I get... hitting answer on the phone, even if bluetooth is connection answers on the phone... same with touchstone, even with bluetooth on it goes to speakerphone if I answer from there. The only time it routes to my bluetooth is when I press the button on the bluetooth to answer the phone.
    that's the way it is supposed to work. Is it a problem to answer calls from your bluetooth?

also, have you looked at any of the current patches for modifying call behavior?

I am just not understanding why you don't answer from your bluetooth. The reason webos works this way is so you don't answer with your bluetooth in your pocket... Which I used to do all the time - and wonder why I couldn't hear them.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenf View Post
    That makes sense. Do you know of any way that I can answer the phone and have it answer in "normal" mode, even though it will be sitting on a Touchstone when the call comes in?

-darren
    If someone is calling you can pick it up off the touchstone and it will automatically answer the phone for you...

Unless I dont understand you... why would you want it sitting on the touchstone and not answer in speaker phone?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    that's the way it is supposed to work. Is it a problem to answer calls from your bluetooth?

also, have you looked at any of the current patches for modifying call behavior?

I am just not understanding why you don't answer from your bluetooth. The reason webos works this way is so you don't answer with your bluetooth in your pocket... Which I used to do all the time - and wonder why I couldn't hear them.
    I think bluewanders was just chiming in with his experiences. My desire is to have it answer in normal (non-speaker, non-bluetooth) so that I can use the handset for the call.

I've looked through the patches and can't find anything to accomplish this, but I would love to be corrected.

-darren
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    If someone is calling you can pick it up off the touchstone and it will automatically answer the phone for you...

Unless I dont understand you... why would you want it sitting on the touchstone and not answer in speaker phone?
    When I pick up the phone it answers with Bluetooth. Likewise if I place an outbound call it goes through Bluetooth. I want to hold the phone to my head and it's a driving distraction to always have to switch from Bluetooth or speaker to normal at the start of every call.

-darren
    I think bluewanders was just chiming in with his experiences. My desire is to have it answer in normal (non-speaker, non-bluetooth) so that I can use the handset for the call.

I've looked through the patches and can't find anything to accomplish this, but I would love to be corrected.

-darren
    No we are telling you... there are no patches for that because it is out of the box functionality.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    No we are telling you... there are no patches for that because it is out of the box functionality.
    Please explain. Given this scenario: I'm in my car with my phone on the Touchstone, paired to radio via Bluetooth, how would I answer the call and communicate through the handset, without either Bluetooth or speaker being used as the default mode?

Also, I only know of one way to initiate an outbound call, and that always chooses Bluetooth.

-darren
    Please explain. Given this scenario: I'm in my car with my phone on the Touchstone, paired to radio via Bluetooth, how would I answer the call and communicate through the handset, without either Bluetooth or speaker being used as the default mode?

Also, I only know of one way to initiate an outbound call, and that always chooses Bluetooth.

-darren
    When someone calls you pick it up off the touchstone... thats the way it works for me, even with bluetooth paired. Did you read our posts?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    When someone calls you pick it up off the touchstone... thats the way it works for me, even with bluetooth paired. Did you read our posts?
    I'll try that (my phone is out of commission right now but I'll try it shortly).

Thanks!

-darren
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    No dice. I answered a call by picking the phone up off the touchstone but it went to Speaker. When I placed a call, no matter how I did it the call always went to Bluetooth.

I guess I'm back to asking for a patch.

-darren
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Mea Culpa. I tried this again today and you are right -- lifting the handset off the touchstone will answer in Normal mode even if it's paired to Bluetooth. I can only guess that last night I was bumping the on-screen answer button or that sliding it open right away was related.

That takes care of answering calls when the phone is on the touchstone. I still don't have a solution for outbound calls.

-darren
    Mea Culpa. I tried this again today and you are right -- lifting the handset off the touchstone will answer in Normal mode even if it's paired to Bluetooth. I can only guess that last night I was bumping the on-screen answer button or that sliding it open right away was related.

That takes care of answering calls when the phone is on the touchstone. I still don't have a solution for outbound calls.

-darren
    How about turning off bluetooth? I'm missing why you have it on if you don't want to use it. Not trying to be smart. People are always crabbing about wanting voice-dialing because so many states don't allow for cell phone use unless it is hands-free.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Your question is valid. I prefer the clarity and lack of clipping that I get using the handset for phone calls.

That said, I love using Bluetooth for wireless audio (drPodder, Radio Time, et al). Not only does it make jumping in and out of the car easier, but I don't risk breaking the earpiece on my phone while plugging and unplugging a phono plug. I don't know why the two are related but that happened to me on two different Pres.

-darren
    Your question is valid. I prefer the clarity and lack of clipping that I get using the handset for phone calls.

That said, I love using Bluetooth for wireless audio (drPodder, Radio Time, et al). Not only does it make jumping in and out of the car easier, but I don't risk breaking the earpiece on my phone while plugging and unplugging a phono plug. I don't know why the two are related but that happened to me on two different Pres.

-darren
    Another solution: Use a wired headset. They over ride everything...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Indeed, but plugging and unplugging a wire is what I specifically installed Bluetooth to avoid.