1.    #1  
    In the USA, apparently if you record the "wrong thing" with your pre's built-in recorder in public you could be in violation of wire-tap statutes. I would like to suggest a patch or separate video recording app that disables the microphone input. That way, if you need to document something, you can at least capture the video and remain in compliance with the law. Any body else +1 this idea?
    have you tried the precorder app that came out before the video camera I am not sure if it is still in Preware
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    have you tried the precorder app that came out before the video camera I am not sure if it is still in Preware
    I'll take a look. Thanks
    This is only true if you are recording someone, without their knowledge in a situation, in which, they have reasonable expectation of privacy. Such as over the phone or in a meeting.

These statutes do not apply to public recording, such as at a local park or some other public function, in which, it is not reasonable to expect privacy.

Many people misunderstand this law!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    <Many people misunderstand this law!>

Uh, like some cops?

In Maryland the photography may not be the problem, the audio might be, however. Thus a need for video-only recording capability.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!