Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    definitely a huge thanks to unix...we wouldn't have known what these phones could really do (there might be even more left in them) if it weren't for him!

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Seriously, where did all this get posted?!? ***!?!
    a lot of it was in the F105 thread, last few pages.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    wanted to chime in with my thanks as well. can't imagine my phone without your work.
    Ok, I am very thankful as well for his work, but what the heck happened that he is leaving?
    I own a pixi not the pre but I know he has done a lot and would like to say thanks to Unix Too.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    My Pre is much more enjoyable because of your kernel. Thanks for all the hard work and assistance. You are very much appreciated.
    +1!
    I wasn't privy to the threads over the weekend, but just wanted to chime in & say thanks unixpsycho . . . my pre absolutely rocks now.
    Couldn't let this thread go by without also giving thanks. F105 made my pre a monstah.
    Thank you Unixpsycho. If it weren't for you and you're good friends, I'd have left the Pre about 6 months ago. You have been keeping the phone fresh and interesting to me. It's a shame a few ruined it for all of us, but I'm still grateful for all the hard work you have done. I haven't read all the threads today, but hope you will still be active with us in one way or another. You truly have brightened many peoples lives.
    +1

Can we get this man a gold plated pre or something trophy-like?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Ok, I am very thankful as well for his work, but what the heck happened that he is leaving?
    Soooo many questions by people who refused to learn about what they were doing, how to work with his kernels, and what was expected of them as alpha testers was a good start.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-alpha-35.html

Read to the last page. I'm sure you'll see what/who the final straw was.

I understand it is difficult for unix seeing the extremely ignorant posts in his threads, but it's a shame that he let it get to him so much. All of this really robs those of us who enjoy his work and are able to work/learn to understand what to do and what is expected from experiencing the growth of his kernels and the evolution of webOS on the homebrew front.
    A nice idea might be to direct every new member directly to the Getting Started thread immediately upon joining. That way they can learn what is expected of members who chose to mod their phones, and can see that searching is stressed before posting a thread. Just a thought.

Anyhoo, we'll miss you unix. Come back and visit any time. And all of us look forward to what you can do with the best OS for mobile phones far into the future.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    thanks for all your hard work unix, yourwork is what made the diffrence in my pre.
    Bump! Thanks for all the hard work! You Rock my Pre+!
    It truly is a sad day if he's gone.

Thanks Unix.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Soooo many questions by people who refused to learn about what they were doing, how to work with his kernels, and what was expected of them as alpha testers was a good start.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-alpha-35.html

Read to the last page. I'm sure you'll see what/who the final straw was.

I understand it is difficult for unix seeing the extremely ignorant posts in his threads, but it's a shame that he let it get to him so much. All of this really robs those of us who enjoy his work and are able to work/learn to understand what to do and what is expected from experiencing the growth of his kernels and the evolution of webOS on the homebrew front.
    A nice idea might be to direct every new member directly to the Getting Started thread immediately upon joining. That way they can learn what is expected of members who chose to mod their phones, and can see that searching is stressed before posting a thread. Just a thought.

Anyhoo, we'll miss you unix. Come back and visit any time. And all of us look forward to what you can do with the best OS for mobile phones far into the future.
    I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Unix for all that he has done. Even if he drops everything and never codes one more line, he has done more for this community than so many.

Also I read through the posts and realize that it seems to be that all the trouble started with one noob. I read Unix's responses and although he seems very frustrated with people not understanding why he keeps things a little secretive and asking really elementray questions over and over again, I don't see where he indicates he has given up webOS development. Can someone point me to the post where he says this if I am wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Also I read through the posts and realize that it seems to be that all the trouble started with one noob.
    I wouldn't say it started with one person. There was/is a constant stream of pointless and lazy questions on each thread. I think it was one member that may have pushed him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I don't see where he indicates he has given up webOS development. Can someone point me to the post where he says this if I am wrong?
    I actually haven't seen where he states that he has quit webOS development. In fact, I can guarantee that he hasn't. He simply closed up his threads and went silent. Hopefully we'll be able to see his work and test it out in the near future.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I also would like to chime in here. Thank you so much for everything you do. There are many of us who quietly appreciate it!
    Big thank you to Unixpsycho. Thanks for all your hardwork and efforts. I hope you don't let the idiocy of some turn you away from something you are incredibly talented at.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    +100 to all of the good sentiments. Thanks a lot, Marco.
    Thx Unix. I'm still on webOS because of you.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast