Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've been rocking 105 for some time now and I have had awesome stability. Zero random shut offs, temperatures averaging around 39-43c. All around I've had good luck and a great Pre for the F105. Does anyone think its worth it to jump to SR71? Is there a noticeable speed improvement? Will it be worth any problems I could come across. I'm just wondering what yall think!
  2. #2  
    I believe SR71 is still in the beta stages so it is unstable. If you are happy with your current Pre with Thunderchief, you should stay with that.
  3. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #3  
    I'm not fully certain, but haven't many users of the F105 reported that in web browsing they no longer see the checkered board? I know I've read that from a few users of the F105 but that is not the case for me. I still get just as many checkered boards as I would with the stock kernel... :\
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    I'm not fully certain, but haven't many users of the F105 reported that in web browsing they no longer see the checkered board? I know I've read that from a few users of the F105 but that is not the case for me. I still get just as many checkered boards as I would with the stock kernel... :\
    I noticed the speed difference, but it was unstable for me. I'll try again in two weeks..
  5. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I noticed the speed difference, but it was unstable for me. I'll try again in two weeks..
    I've read some of the unstable problems people were having. What were some of the problems you had?
  6. #6  
    in the first hour, it restarted 4-5 times, so i removed it...
  7. Shaikh's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #7  
    I am using SR71! It has been pretty good to me the whole time I have had it The speed improvement is noticeable, however not worth it if you have trouble with SR71. BUT You should try it out and see if your device plays nice with it. If it does, then faster is obviously better if it doesnt, you could always regress to Thundercheif.
  8. #8  
    Im just using Uber Kernal and im not sure how to get these faster speeds like SR71. Could some one let me know how I could get these?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by broyshow View Post
    Im just using Uber Kernal and im not sure how to get these faster speeds like SR71. Could some one let me know how I could get these?
    broyshow... if you have to ask how to get it, you need to read up even more about what you are looking for... These kernals are experimental and not as 'safe' as the Uberkernal. You can read up on the SR71 in the following link - but the developer requested that thread to be closed. Take it as you will, but please read up fully before deciding to change to this:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...rd-kernel.html
  10. #10  
    hey thanks. I read about it and i will leave my overclocking to UberKernal seems to be working just fine.
  11. #11  
    just from my exp I jumped from 105 to sr71 and my pre wasn't able to handle it tried it three different times and it wouldn't happen for me.
  12. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #12  
    i just went up to SR71. I kinda didn't feel like it anymore after reading some things but I went ahead and did it about 30 mins ago. I can definitely see a speed improvement from 105 (then again I installed Palm Default first and then SR71, so maybe its because I was at 500Mhz for like tens mins lol) I'm running at temps around 35 which are the same if not lower than I was getting for 105, it's strange. I was getting HORRIBLE battery life with 105, but I'm always around chargers so I had no worries, I'll have to see how my battery holds up with this one.

    PS. Thanks Unix.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    I believe SR71 is still in the beta stages so it is unstable. If you are happy with your current Pre with Thunderchief, you should stay with that.
    Let's be real clear: Both F-105 and SR71 are ALPHA kernels designed for testing, neither are Beta or Production kernels and should not be treated as such.

Posting Permissions