1.    #1  
    I hate to hear Android says the no's of their apps is over 100,000.
    I doubt they includes every versions of the same app.
    Are there any statistics for our WebOS apps?
    Could we include every apps like those in 1.3/1.4/1.41/1.45/testing feeds...
    , or different language of the same app for the statistic?

Actually how many webos feeds are there?
    what about legacy apps?

I wish palm made classic more integral and allowed a pdk like deployment of legacy apps from the launcher.

add downloads of those apps in a "classic" section of the catalog and you would take a huge jump over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    what about legacy apps?

I wish palm made classic more integral and allowed a pdk like deployment of legacy apps from the launcher.

add downloads of those apps in a "classic" section of the catalog and you would take a huge jump over night.
    The old palm apps were written for an entirely different OS... the only way to run them is emulation style. Just because they ran on an old palm doesnt mean they are capable of running on this platform. Besides... integrating the old os into webos is taking a step backwards. If you want forward movement... take those old apps and give them a brand new build to take advantage of webOS and all it has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    The old palm apps were written for an entirely different OS... the only way to run them is emulation style. Just because they ran on an old palm doesnt mean they are capable of running on this platform. Besides... integrating the old os into webos is taking a step backwards. If you want forward movement... take those old apps and give them a brand new build to take advantage of webOS and all it has to offer.
    I think I wasn't clear

when I said classic I was referring to the emulator called classic which runs on the pre for older palm OS apps. I was saying it would be nice if palm allowed multiple instances of classic to run from the launcher where shortcuts to the actual app would be. Similar to the pdk in that it is outside of the sdk and runs I believe free of the webkit javasctipt webos and on the linux roots.

anyway I realize many of the apps are out dated, but old isn't always worse.

also there are apps for palms old os just now making it to platforms like android.

one particularly relevant example for me is slingbox. I would take a working old version right now, over none any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I think I wasn't clear

when I said classic I was referring to the emulator called classic which runs on the pre for older palm OS apps. I was saying it would be nice if palm allowed multiple instances of classic to run from the launcher where shortcuts to the actual app would be. Similar to the pdk in that it is outside of the sdk and runs I believe free of the webkit javasctipt webos and on the linux roots.

anyway I realize many of the apps are out dated, but old isn't always worse.

also there are apps for palms old os just now making it to platforms like android.

one particularly relevant example for me is slingbox. I would take a working old version right now, over none any day.
    We are talking past each other here friend... I know classic is an emulator. I also know how pdk works. As far as multiple instances... youve obviously seen how badly classic runs now, or the fact that in comparison to the whole library there arent that many classic apps available.

I wasn't trying to say that outdated apps are old and useless, I was saying there's plenty of room to take their functionality and produce a true version for webOS rather than simply using an emulator to force it to run on a platform it was never meant for. As long as you are emulating, you aren't integrating. We dont need apps designed for an old OS... we need apps that were written to take advantage of webOS...
    Not enough, enough said!