1.    #1  
    I tethered my Sprint Palm Pre and overclocked it to the SR71 Blackbird 1200MHz. I just wanna know if anyone else has and if its not a good idea. Just wondering.
    i imagine its a bad idea once you pre exceeds 45C. maybe try downclocking it to 500 when you tether?

unrelated, are you from houston?
    Quote Originally Posted by polasek View Post
    I tethered my Sprint Palm Pre and overclocked it to the SR71 Blackbird 1200MHz. I just wanna know if anyone else has and if its not a good idea. Just wondering.
    not a good idea, i fried my last pre tethering at 800mhz. then again a bag of ice might solve the problem ^^
    i am sprint pre, 12 months old. i have chuck norris pre and it is running at 1.2 ghz with the SR71 kernel. i used myTether yesterday for a couple hours and other than a few temp warnings (i have extensive patching as well) i had no issues. in fact, myTether was up and running faster with no glitches (rare) and the internet seemed very fast. for a while i ran pandora on the pre to keep connection alive, but then i turned it off and didn't notice any difference. good luck!
  5.    #5  
    well i haven't had any problems but just to be safe ill bring it down to 800MHz. and yes i am from houston
    i think my sister is best friends with your sister, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    i think my sister is best friends with your sister, haha.
    What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by polasek View Post
    SR71 has temp scaling so it wont overheat. It will scale back to 500MHz, then scale back up when under control.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    What are you talking about?
    He's talking to polasek. (As you could've picked up by reading every's posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    He's talking to polasek. (As you could've picked up by reading every's posts)
    all he had to do was read the first 2 quotes very disapointing kinda like the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeportez View Post
    all he had to do was read the first 2 quotes very disapointing kinda like the pre...
    I am a girl. And, sorry, I don't read the conversations, I read the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I am a girl. And, sorry, I don't read the conversations, I read the info.
    dont you think that's a bit silly?