Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    im going to go ahead and try the F105 Thunderchief Kernel...I have F104 installed right now but i'm addicted to more speed lol. Do I need to uninstall the f104 or can i install the f105 over top of it?

or do i need to install the palm default kernel?
    Uninstall the 104 through Preware, let it restart and install the 105.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thank you sir!!!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    one other question lol...i got to thinking...i dont know a whole lot about the new kernels but i at least wanna take my part and send info back..how much different would it be if i installed the SR71 1.2ghz and just clocked it at 1.0ghz until i felt good to jump to 1.2ghz?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    im going to go ahead and try the F105 Thunderchief Kernel...I have F104 installed right now but i'm addicted to more speed lol. Do I need to uninstall the f104 or can i install the f105 over top of it?

or do i need to install the palm default kernel?

hi, dude, what is the aim of F105 or F104 Kernel ? speed up the Pre ?? will it make the Pre life shorter ?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    The newest kernel SR71 is very unstable and doesnt work with all pres for various reasons. u can try it of course, to boot it keep ur phone plugged in to a charger so it has enough Voltage to run and power on. ive tried F105 and its decent, in my opinion however the best for my personal use is the Warthog Kernel. Thats just my personal opinon.(Warthog also runs to 1 ghz) i am going to wait for the SR71 to be updated and Further Developed in the future before i try to run it again.

Just try and see what works for u.

Please remember that these r all alpha kernels for the most part, and there are reasons they r in the testing feeds,
    as always use at ur own risk
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txlee View Post
    hi, dude, what is the aim of F105 or F104 Kernel ? speed up the Pre ?? will it make the Pre life shorter ?
    F105 is now with Compache but lets ur phone run at 1ghz.

F104 is basically Compache itself and runs up to 800 mhz.

Both will have an affect on battery, depending on how u use ur phone, some people have actually reported that after sometime they have seen better battery life with the F105, believe it or not.

All kernels are to personal taste and find what u like.

Remember these r Still in Developement and there is room for things to go wrong.
    dude, this info is posted many areas.. I'd suggest to you that you not test anything.. If you have to ask what you asked, then you still need to read about what you are trying to get into..
    Can someone please tell me how to install the F105 THUNDERCHIEF KERNEL or where I can download it...for somereason I am not able to find the file or attachment.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    The newest kernel SR71 is very unstable and doesnt work with all pres for various reasons. u can try it of course, to boot it keep ur phone plugged in to a charger so it has enough Voltage to run and power on. ive tried F105 and its decent, in my opinion however the best for my personal use is the Warthog Kernel. Thats just my personal opinon.(Warthog also runs to 1 ghz) i am going to wait for the SR71 to be updated and Further Developed in the future before i try to run it again.

Just try and see what works for u.

Please remember that these r all alpha kernels for the most part, and there are reasons they r in the testing feeds,
    as always use at ur own risk
    I've seen the Warthog but haven't really read into it at all...I just got done installing F105. I've been using it for about an hour now, right when it started i was getting temps as high as 47c i was a little worried but I think that might have been from the boot cause now im getting around 32-34C. Im going to keep at this and see how it goes, at some spots it seems a little laggy where as it wouldn't be with F104.
    FYI all...I went to Preware to see if I could find the kernel there..no luck...any help is appreciated..I really want to get this kernel...as chillhill said. I m addicted to the speed as well ..hahahah
    CHILL.....Im glad you got it on there ..if you could help me out that would be apreciated.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingDA View Post
    CHILL.....Im glad you got it on there ..if you could help me out that would be apreciated.
    check your private messages.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Let this be a warning,

Use at YOUR OWN RISK

sure these kernels may be stable for the moment for some people but they are prealpha or alpha kernels, which is why the required know how is needed to get to the testing feeds.

Again if these Kernels damage or fry or brick your Pre, than its nobodys fault but your own.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    I've seen the Warthog but haven't really read into it at all...I just got done installing F105. I've been using it for about an hour now, right when it started i was getting temps as high as 47c i was a little worried but I think that might have been from the boot cause now im getting around 32-34C. Im going to keep at this and see how it goes, at some spots it seems a little laggy where as it wouldn't be with F104.
    F105 will be a bit warm at 1st, but give at a day or 2 if all is fine, than it should be around high 30s to low 40s thats normal for this kernal. If u should ever get to 55 or 60-63 get ready for a fried battery at least.

I hope that everything works out for u and that no problems arise.
    Yes and yes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    If you could also send me the link to the F105 Thunderchief kernel, I would very thankful.
    Everything you need to know is in the wiki

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thank you to all who help. Great forum!!!
    Hey chill, Didn't see anything in my private messages box , but I was able to install the F105 Kernel. It is fricken awesome . I don't need to go any faster, seems like battery life better than the uber kernel, no tmc notificatiosns and snappy as heck. I appreciate ya help though . Thanks a milli.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast