1.    #1  
    The GPS Fix for Verizon is awesome! I keep picking up my pre plus and loading Google maps or BFGMaps to see if it still shows me in the correct location. It is truly a shame that Verizon has not released a fix for this. I would encourage other Verizon Palm Pre owners to test "GPS Fix – keep Alive" and see if it works for you. Thanks to Jonathan I Ezor for the original request and to James Harris for creating the app. http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/beta/gps-fix

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...?highlight=GPS
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    It works great for me!
    this is the way gps should work! Since I've downloaded GPS Fix I've only had to open VZ Nav the one time for GPS Fix to enable it. And it's a dead-on lock everytime with all my gps apps.
    okay so i know this is stupid, but i'm kind of new to everything on the palm, as previously i've been an android and iphone user.

so this new patch makes it so that we don't have to use vz nav, thus getting free gps, correct?
    @panda, ya pretty much! its a pretty solid app
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticPanda View Post
    okay so i know this is stupid, but i'm kind of new to everything on the palm, as previously i've been an android and iphone user.

so this new patch makes it so that we don't have to use vz nav, thus getting free gps, correct?
    You could use any number of free GPS apps before this fix. However, you often had to open VZ Navigator (only enough to get to the splash screen) to "wake up" the GPS antenna.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    some of us still have to reopen VZ Nav after being indoors a long time, but the developer will be releasing another version when he gets back from a few days away that will likely fix up the rest of us.

I've donated already, I hope more people do because he's put in a lot of time and effort to this project!

cheers, Clarice
    Seriously, I use so many location apps that the Verizon GPS fubar was becoming a deal killer for me.

Bravo, sirs. Bravo. Your tenacity in looking for (and creating) a third party solution makes my user experience close to what I thought it should have been from the start.

corwin
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticPanda View Post

By free gps, if you mean that your pre will be able to get a gps fix for any application you have that needs a gps signal, then yes! If you mean 'a turn-by-turn mapping and navigation guidance program similar to a stand alone navigation system like a Garmin Nuvi...then no. With a Sprint Pre, you have Sprint Nav on board, and it is free, and you can use that for a navigation system. For Verizon Pre+, there is VZ Navigator, and you must pay $9.99 a month to use it. I gave it a try and did not like it much...not worth the money...might be worth Free. I don't know about the ATT Pre+.

BTW, don't worry about asking questions that you think are stupid. I ask questions that I'm SURE are stupid...and so far no one has thrown me out...yet. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked...but rather is texted while driving the wrong way on a one-way street in Manhattan at rush hour.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!