1.    #1  
    I have read through the forums and have done a search so now I will apologize upfront if this is a dumb question.

What is the current version of Preware 1.1.4? I assume that is correct as it is what I have on my Pre, but I Precentral article referenced 1.2?

Also, how do I add testing feeds to Preware (I believe I need to do this to install some of the new OC'd kernels)? When I go into the dropdown -> Manage Feeds, there is no option for 'testing feeds'

Do I have to add it manually? How?
    The current version of Preware is 1.2.0, go here to find out about the feeds: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have read through the forums and have done a search so now I will apologize upfront if this is a dumb question.

What is the current version of Preware 1.1.4? I assume that is correct as it is what I have on my Pre, but I Precentral article referenced 1.2?

Also, how do I add testing feeds to Preware (I believe I need to do this to install some of the new OC'd kernels)? When I go into the dropdown -> Manage Feeds, there is no option for 'testing feeds'

Do I have to add it manually? How?
    1.4.1.1 is the current update we have on our phones, it has nothing to do with preware. Are you sure you're ready for overclocking? Has for the feeds they are not in preware, those kernels are found in the testing feeds.
  4.    #4  
    I am well aware that 1.4.1.1 is the current update we have on our phones while we await 1.4.5.

My specific question was about Preware of which I have version 1.1.4 installed. I thought it would update when a new version became available....but I am still at 1.1.4.

If you are concerned about my ability to use Preware or overclock, Instead of being sarcastic, you might want to provide some useful links.

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    1.4.1.1 is the current update we have on our phones, it has nothing to do with preware. Are you sure you're ready for overclocking? Has for the feeds they are not in preware, those kernels are found in the testing feeds.
    I have Preware 1.2.0 but just saw that 1.2.1 is available, so will update. When you load Preware, doesn't it show you the most current version available under "Package Updates"?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #6  
    He PM'd me with appropriate links. I reacted a bit harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I am well aware that 1.4.1.1 is the current update we have on our phones while we await 1.4.5.

My specific question was about Preware of which I have version 1.1.4 installed. I thought it would update when a new version became available....but I am still at 1.1.4.

If you are concerned about my ability to use Preware or overclock, Instead of being sarcastic, you might want to provide some useful links.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have Preware 1.2.0 but just saw that 1.2.1 is available, so will update. When you load Preware, doesn't it show you the most current version available under "Package Updates"?
    No, It is not listed under Package Updates. And when I search it only comes up with 1.1.4 from last month. So I am guessing I am not subscribed to the correct feeds.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  9.    #9  
    Success! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Preware 1.2.0/1.2.1 are in testing, 1.1.7 I believe is the most recent stable version in the normal feeds.