Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 594
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #61  
    Im on Verizon and I got a fix with BFGMaps without running VZNavigator. This was a first for me and I have tried many of the so called fixes for the verizon GPS issues. I have a pre on Sprint before and it worked great, but VZ really screwed us. Wow this is great I can actually use Location based apps again, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulate View Post
    Sorry buddy, too far north for me or I'd help ya out.

    On another note, how about a "Frequency" of 'Never' that would essentially turn the app off? Or does it turn itself off when I turn off the GPS on the device?

    Thanks again for all your work.
    "Never" is the same as Enable = No. I used to have it, but it causes confusion. The app will work with GOS off, but obviously not get a fix. It does alert you to enable it, and I have the code built in to recognize when you do not give it the required permissions.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    "Never" is the same as Enable = No. I used to have it, but it causes confusion. The app will work with GOS off, but obviously not get a fix. It does alert you to enable it, and I have the code built in to recognize when you do not give it the required permissions.

    Yeah, my mistake.
    I had the app scrolled up and didn't see the Enable part.
  4. #64  
    i have set my interval to 1 hour and it seems to be doing well...

    i also noticed some sort of battery drain when i am idle without running any apps. tried it last night and i think i drained 5%-10% in 4 hrs. will investigate further. Is this normal drain and not because of the app?

    will continue to test, but this is really a great app! at least now i can use location based apps. better than nothing at all
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have set my interval to 1 hour and it seems to be doing well...

    i also noticed some sort of battery drain when i am idle without running any apps. tried it last night and i think i drained 5%-10% in 4 hrs. will investigate further. Is this normal drain and not because of the app?

    will continue to test, but this is really a great app! at least now i can use location based apps. better than nothing at all
    It will vary, but I believe that is normal. Seems normal for me.

    1.) What is your typical hourly loss when not in use?
    2.) Are you overclocking?
    3.) Are you sure no apps are running in the background?
    4.) How was your reception?
    5.) Was wifi turned on? How about Bluetooth?
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  6. #66  
    I installed the app, and made sure to grab the update (v 0.1.0). Fired up the app, and set it to 25 min (after reading this thread). Got a fix. Google maps has NEVER been this accurate before (and I had installed a few patches though Preware to potentially help with that). Totally awesome. I'll test the 25 min interval and see if that's short enough to keep the fix alive.

    A negative note, ##gps# does not work for me. The GPS information card pops up, but when I click Get Fix I get a GPS error. See attached screen capture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #67  
    I am wondering if any of these people have their home wifi enabled while they are trying this. This will show up as an exact location. Turn off wifi and just use the 3G and see if your location changes.

    The guy in the picture above me has his wifi turned on.
  8. #68  
    Are there any patches that might mess this up?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    A negative note, ##gps# does not work for me. The GPS information card pops up, but when I click Get Fix I get a GPS error. See attached screen capture.
    I do not know that app, so I cannot comment on it I'm afraid. As suggested, try with Wifi off.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    Are there any patches that might mess this up?
    Not to my knowledge. This works independently from patches.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  11. #71  
    This program works about maybe 20% of the time for me. It's not even coming close. I've tried it about 15 times now and have only gotten 1 accurate lock and 1 close one. Mostly it puts me about 5 away.

    VZNav is on, GPS fix is on. Click on last ran and "Map it" and it still puts me all over the place.
  12. #72  
    Is it possible for you to provide a direct link for my pre. I don't have access to webOS quick install and when I entered my number in the site, i never recieved a text.
  13. #73  
    installed as soon as it was set on frontpage... now it's been about 4 hours later and I opened trapster and it loaded my location before it even had the map loaded.... I think we finally found a solution... Lucky for me I have a touchstone at work.


    will launch again once I'm actually traveling to see if it updates my direction and placement. Will have to post tomorrow for that answer
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    This program works about maybe 20% of the time for me. It's not even coming close. I've tried it about 15 times now and have only gotten 1 accurate lock and 1 close one. Mostly it puts me about 5 away.

    VZNav is on, GPS fix is on. Click on last ran and "Map it" and it still puts me all over the place.
    Ok, that is your GPS receiver and not the app. Try restarting your device.



    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    Is it possible for you to provide a direct link for my pre. I don't have access to webOS quick install and when I entered my number in the site, i never recieved a text.
    Email this link to your phone and tap on it:

    Code:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.jamesharris.gpsfix
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    I am wondering if any of these people have their home wifi enabled while they are trying this. This will show up as an exact location. Turn off wifi and just use the 3G and see if your location changes.

    The guy in the picture above me has his wifi turned on.
    My Wifi is on but I'm not connected to anyone. everything around me is secure
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  16. #76  
    Yep, Minimap and Google both put me 5 miles away. Not working for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm in the basement of an old gov't building. I get signal... be it weak.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    Yep, Minimap and Google both put me 5 miles away. Not working for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm in the basement of an old gov't building. I get signal... be it weak.
    In a big hole, of an old government building with thick concrete walls. Weak signal? Yeah, that is the problem. Try going outside for a bit...
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    Yep, Minimap and Google both put me 5 miles away. Not working for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm in the basement of an old gov't building. I get signal... be it weak.
    I'd suggest you try outside.. the building could be your issue
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  19. #79  
    This works! Thank You. I also canceled my VZ Nav subscription! I also unchecked Use Google Services under Location Service -> Locate Me Using.

    I bought your Flashcards app which should be fun for my kids as a way of saying thanks!
  20. #80  
    I love it. Thank you so much. Any plans to make it run in the background?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions