Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    No Luck, Still Stuck
    C/D/V? (carrier, device, os version)
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    James, do you recommend the QPST procedure?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    James, do you recommend the QPST procedure?
    If you know what you are doing and are not afraid to brick your device, then yes. It's not for the faint of heart.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    If you know what you are doing and are not afraid to brick your device, then yes. It's not for the faint of heart.
    I did it in a past life - I mean past Pre. I haven't done it on my replacement device.

Which options do you recommend selecting? All of them?
    Which options do you recommend selecting? All of them?
    Use your best judgement.
    - James Harris

Author of:

6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Use your best judgement.
    That seems a bit cryptic.

I was hoping to use YOUR best judgement, since you are the "GPS Whisperer".
    That seems a bit cryptic.

I was hoping to use YOUR best judgement, since you are the "GPS Whisperer".
    LOL. Honestly, I have not used that on my devices. Need mine stock so that efforts to develop fixes for the vast majority of virgin devices can continue.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Glad to see this is still going on!
    I'm having a tough time getting a GPS lock using GPSFix, or otherwise.

GPS Fix seems to report "GPS Permanent Error" more frequently with the 2.1 version than the 1.4.5 version did... hitting t, a, b, had no effect, and each of those returned errors.

Funny thing was, i then loaded maptool pro and hit "tracking", and then the permanent GPS errors stopped... Still couldn't get a fix though.

Update: sorry - VZW Pre+ with 2.1
    Turn off location services. Reboot. Turn them back on. See if error continues. I had that issue after I came back from a 1 week trip to Honduras, took me a lil bit to get it working again.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Turn off location services. Reboot. Turn them back on. See if error continues. I had that issue after I came back from a 1 week trip to Honduras, took me a lil bit to get it working again.
    Tried this with no success. It's odd. Your GPS Fix app seems to alternate between a good lock and GPS Permanent Error.
    So far i'm 4/4 getting gps to work with the following process:
    - reboot phone
    - launch maptool
    - turn on "tracks"
    - walk/bike/drive for a short time

GPS works!

I have not tried opening GPS Fix and hitting the "t" key to start tracking. Would this accomplish the same thing?
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I have not tried opening GPS Fix and hitting the "t" key to start tracking. Would this accomplish the same thing?
    Basically, yes. "T" is just a tracking object that will run for x number of times, or until sufficient accuracy is achieved.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Cool.

Basically, yes. "T" is just a tracking object that will run for x number of times, or until sufficient accuracy is achieved.
    Tried this this AM, but it did not get a lock. Is there a way to set the "x number of times"?

MapTool works for me, so i'm not trying to make more work for you, just curious
    It doesn't work like that I am afraid.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Does GPS Fix have a memory leak?

(See attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gps fix doesn't seem to remember to run all the time. Does it reset every time the phone is rebooted?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    gps fix doesn't seem to remember to run all the time. Does it reset every time the phone is rebooted?
    that's how it works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    It's not GPS Fix's fault. It's an issue with webOS and the wake up schedule getting hosed. GPS Fix remembers, but if the wake-ups go awry, then there is little I can do.
    - James Harris

Author of:

To the best of your knowledge, is there a similar app for non Verizon users?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.