Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Using Quick Install to fully remove it is quite simple and easy. You should have no issues.

VZ Navigator did not change in 1.4.1 to 1.4.5, so it has been 1.4.5 compatible for some time now.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Ok, I know lots of you monitor this thread. Anyone wanna try out a new patch?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...roved-gps.html

This is essentially the method myself, Jonathan, and others have been exploring. This however, works slightly different to the same effect and has the ability to easily be reversed.

Using this method, you will be 100% solely on standalone GPS. No aGPS will be possible as it essentially blocks the aGPS servers.

To use this, just download and use webOS Quick Install to install the patch. Same basic method for removing it. Please post your experiences in that thread. if things pan out, I can always incorporate it into the GPS Fix app.
    Last edited by spdsktr; 11/16/2010 at 05:46 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Ok, I know lots of you monitor this thread. Anyone wanna try out a new patch?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...roved-gps.html

This is essentially the method myself, Jonathan, and others have been exploring. This however, works slightly different to the same effect and has the ability to easily be reversed.

Using this method, you will be 100% solely on standalone GPS. No aGPS will be possible as it essentially blocks the aGPS servers.

To use this, just download and use webOS Quick Install to install the patch. Same basic method for removing it. Please post your experiences in that thread. if things pan out, I can always incorporate it into the GPS Fix app.
    Can I leave the existing GPS Fix app on the phone (and just not enable it) or should I remove it before trying out this app?

Thanks...
    You can leave all existing methods, but as you said, disable GPS Fix. A reboot is also recommended.
    - James Harris

Author of:

This app is not working on a VZW Pre+ with 2.1 loaded on it. When the prompt appears asking if i want to launch VZ Navigator i choose OK, and it loads, but then i see: "Error Recieved: no code passed" with some additional text after that which i can't read (too long for the screen).

Any chance of getting this updated for 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This app is not working on a VZW Pre+ with 2.1 loaded on it. When the prompt appears asking if i want to launch VZ Navigator i choose OK, and it loads, but then i see: "Error Recieved: no code passed" with some additional text after that which i can't read (too long for the screen).

Any chance of getting this updated for 2.1?
    1.) Do not use the VZ Navigator option on 2.1, not needed.
    2.) Continual running is not always required.
    3.) In the meantime, open the app and then Hit T on the keyboard. Then A, then B. That will unstick and stuck GPS Chip.

I will get to updating as soon as the app I am working on is completed. A few more days, tops.
    - James Harris

Author of:

1.) Do not use the VZ Navigator option on 2.1, not needed.
    2.) Continual running is not always required.
    3.) In the meantime, open the app and then Hit T on the keyboard. Then A, then B. That will unstick and stuck GPS Chip.

I will get to updating as soon as the app I am working on is completed. A few more days, tops.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll follow your suggestions next time i'm looking for a signal. Glad to hear you're working on an update.
    Hey again. Just wondering if you have any news on a 2.1 update, or need beta testing help. thanks.
    Made some progress on things last night. Hardest part is implementing my ideas, then thoroughly testing them. Right now, trying to decide if the 2.0 methodology works on 1.4.5 100%. I promise, I am working on it. Just have a lot on my plate right now.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    thanks for hte update, lookin forward to it

Made some progress on things last night. Hardest part is implementing my ideas, then thoroughly testing them. Right now, trying to decide if the 2.0 methodology works on 1.4.5 100%. I promise, I am working on it. Just have a lot on my plate right now.
    Looks like the 2.0 version just hit the app catalog. My phone just told me it was available.

I'd be curious to know what has changed in this version. I see the vznav patch enable, and duration are gone, but the vznav button is still there...?

Thanks!
    And another just hit: 2.0.1.
    2.0.0 had a minor bug, which 2.0.1 corrected. The bug prevented the app from loading on 1.4.5.

If you have webOS 1.4.5, GPS Fix uses the old tried and true methods for GPS Correction (which includes the patch for VZ users).

For 2.0, there is no patch. It's simply the manual "GPS Fix" button, and the auto-keepalive stuff. It knows which version you are on and uses the appropriate tool for the job.
    - James Harris

Author of:

14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    What kind of hit to battery life can we expect with the new keepalive method (2.x) vs the old (1.4.5)? Less batt consumption or more? Any idea?
    Should be about the same or less.
    - James Harris

Author of:

2.0.0 had a minor bug, which 2.0.1 corrected. The bug prevented the app from loading on 1.4.5.

If you have webOS 1.4.5, GPS Fix uses the old tried and true methods for GPS Correction (which includes the patch for VZ users).

For 2.0, there is no patch. It's simply the manual "GPS Fix" button, and the auto-keepalive stuff. It knows which version you are on and uses the appropriate tool for the job.
    Just wondering where your Donate link is...?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just wondering where your Donate link is...?
    Thanks.
    It's in there somewhere. No worries on it, no one ever donates anyways It's my labor of love for the community.
    - James Harris

Author of:

This app used to work and help with my GPS. For more than I can recall, (1 or 2 months) I can not get a fix. Have tried rebooting, battery pull, using default Palm Kernel).

I am hoping Pre 3 will not have a GPS issue. That will be my dealbreaker. For now, sticking it out with WebOS.
    Step outside. Open Google maps and GPS Fix. In GPS Fix, hit T on your keyboard. Then A, then B. Swap to Google Maps and wait about 30 seconds (but let run for 2 minutes).

Let me know how that works.
    - James Harris

Author of:

No Luck, Still Stuck

Step outside. Open Google maps and GPS Fix. In GPS Fix, hit T on your keyboard. Then A, then B. Swap to Google Maps and wait about 30 seconds (but let run for 2 minutes).

Let me know how that works.