Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 594
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #321  
    James, do you have a list of previous versions available for download somewhere in these threads? I have not gotten any version after. 0.4.5 to work at all. Not since the patch for sure.
  2. #322  
    How can I get my hands on 0.5.5 or 0.5.0 because I know those work for me.
  3. #323  
    Ok, so I downgraded to 0.0.2 and now it works. I don't know what's up.
  4. #324  
    The "Alert bug" didn't bug me at all.

    Am now on my 3rd day of GPS simply WORKING in a consistent fashion on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus for the first time since last March. I've tried all of the other fixes with some success - but invariably wound up having to go back to loading VZNavigator, watching my connection bars fall off to zero then waiting until they climbed back to max before declining to buy it. With GPS Fix and the patch, all of my GPS-related apps are now (finally) working - period.

    Hope everyone eventually enjoys similar success.

    Again, THANK YOU!
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    James, do you have a list of previous versions available for download somewhere in these threads? I have not gotten any version after. 0.4.5 to work at all. Not since the patch for sure.
    shoot me an email, I wanna understand what is going on.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  6. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #326  
    For about 3 days now I have been finding my GPS positions to be very erratic. Often many blocks off. I started using the older aGPS patch a few weeks ago and seemed to work pretty good. When GPS fix came I have used many versions and seemed to work fine too. But for the last few days, the updates to GPS fix and the 2 versions of the VZ nav patch, though making my GPS stay active, have also made my position erratic. I rarely am less than 20 or 30 meters any more. I can't seem to find any way to correct it with or without the programs or patches. Seemed to work before and was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues. Maybe it is the solar activity?
  7. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #327  
    just to clarify, I know that GPS fix and the patches are not meant to fix the GPS accuracy, but after using different versions and combinations lately, my accuracy has been off the last many days. Thanks to the homebrewers to bring these fixes to us Verizon Pre Plus users.
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    just to clarify, I know that GPS fix and the patches are not meant to fix the GPS accuracy, but after using different versions and combinations lately, my accuracy has been off the last many days. Thanks to the homebrewers to bring these fixes to us Verizon Pre Plus users.
    Correct, I have no control over accuracy. I simply get accuracy levels from the API interface. There are techniques to try better accuracy, which I do use, but there is not compensating for the things that interfere with accuracy to begin with.

    Your best bet is reboot. Step outside. Make sure Google Services is off. Beyond this, there is not much more that can be done by me or you.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  9. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #329  
    Thanks James,
    I have rebooted many times and it still seems to be a problem. What is new the last few days is how it will have my GPS very close to where I am, and then jump many blocks away. This hasn't happened until just a day or so ago. Must be the solar flares.

    What is the issue with Google Services. I have had that on as long as I have had my Pre, now a few months and never had the accuracy issue. So I have tried turning it off and the GPS seems to be even more inaccurate.

    Thanks for making a great program to help us Verizon users.

    Tim
  10. #330  
    James, what is your email?
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Thanks James,
    I have rebooted many times and it still seems to be a problem. What is new the last few days is how it will have my GPS very close to where I am, and then jump many blocks away. This hasn't happened until just a day or so ago. Must be the solar flares.

    What is the issue with Google Services. I have had that on as long as I have had my Pre, now a few months and never had the accuracy issue. So I have tried turning it off and the GPS seems to be even more inaccurate.

    Thanks for making a great program to help us Verizon users.

    Tim
    The issue with Google Services is that it uses Wifi routers to guage location. It's not accurate by any means, but good enough when no other method is available. This is why your's is close, then jumps. Google takes over. By disabling it, you ensure you get only fixes from GPS or aGPS methods.

    Quote Originally Posted by lucallmon View Post
    James, what is your email?
    It's in the app. Use the about menu. if I post it again, I'll get spammed by bots.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Correct, I have no control over accuracy. I simply get accuracy levels from the API interface. There are techniques to try better accuracy, which I do use, but there is not compensating for the things that interfere with accuracy to begin with.

    Your best bet is reboot. Step outside. Make sure Google Services is off. Beyond this, there is not much more that can be done by me or you.
    You can turn on alternate forms of GPS if you have not already. For many, that helps with accuracy.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can turn on [url= forms of GPS[/url] if you have not already. For many, that helps with accuracy.
    ...yep...does not keep GPS awake...thats what this app does well...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  14. #334  
    Not that it has anything to do with this app, but has anyone else's gps taken a dive today? I can't seem to get less than 37m or so.
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    Not that it has anything to do with this app, but has anyone else's gps taken a dive today? I can't seem to get less than 37m or so.
    Been hearing about this the past couple days actually. Sporadic, but definitely happening.

    I chalk it up to the solar flares that started 5 days ago: NASA and IPCC Exploit Or Ignore Natural Events Like Solar Flares, Aurora And Weather:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can turn on alternate forms of GPS if you have not already. For many, that helps with accuracy.
    I would love to try this myself, but I need stock devices to test on. I would also love to incorporate the instructions into the app. But, I fear the continual issue of people not reading will do more harm than good. Let those who read/find it in this thread follow their hearts.

    I will be submitting v2 of the patch to Preware shortly. Updated version of app will come shortly as well. All in prep for my vacation to Honduras which starts Wednesday morning (less than 48 hrs away) You guys will be on your own for a week.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Been hearing about this the past couple days actually. Sporadic, but definitely happening.

    I chalk it up to the solar flares that started 5 days ago: NASA and IPCC Exploit Or Ignore Natural Events Like Solar Flares, Aurora And Weather:
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll wait a couple days before I start thinking about PCD'ing it. So far, I've uninstalled all my GPS-related patches and programs then reinstalled with no luck.
  17. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    I will be submitting v2 of the patch to Preware shortly. Updated version of app will come shortly as well. All in prep for my vacation to Honduras which starts Wednesday morning (less than 48 hrs away) You guys will be on your own for a week.
    Appreciate your continued efforts! Did 1.0.1 ever get submitted to the App Catalog? I though you said it had last week, but it's never shown up at least for me. Just wanted to make sure I'm not another one of those folks that can't seem to read the instructions!

    Enjoy your vacation. I'm heading down your way next week and will be in Orange Beach except for the swing through P'cola to see the Blue Angels and the Naval Air Museum.

    Safe travels!
    Rgds/Mark M.
  18. #338  
    I was wondering that, too. V 1.0.0 of the GPSFix App is the only one visible in the App Catalog or on Preware (that I can see).
  19. #339  
    v1.0.0 is the only one available through App Catalog at the moment. I will let you know when the next version is available to download. Working some things out.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Enjoy your vacation. I'm heading down your way next week and will be in Orange Beach except for the swing through P'cola to see the Blue Angels and the Naval Air Museum.
    If you have time, be sure to check out Fort Barrancas that is just down the street from the museum. It's an awesome sight, especially for history buffs (one of my fav places). Orange Beach is just across the bridge, so hit me up. Beaches are much better now, so you can enjoy some sun! Bring plenty of sunscreen and bottled water.
    - James Harris

    Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  20. #340  
    No problem! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions