1.    #1  
    I haven't so much as opened preware since i last doctored to install the 800mhz sh patch and my regular OS patches....

Should I doctor before delving into these new techniques? (holy crap 1.2 ghz?!) Or is it safe to just remove the sh kernel and go about installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    I haven't so much as opened preware since i last doctored to install the 800mhz sh patch and my regular OS patches....

Should I doctor before delving into these new techniques? (holy crap 1.2 ghz?!) Or is it safe to just remove the sh kernel and go about installing.
    i would recommend you doctor.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Isnt there a copy of the stock kernel in Preware he can download?

Then from there he could install the new ones.

Yes, there is. But he does not need to install that kernel. He only needs to remove any existing kernel he has installed and then install the kernel of his choice. You do not have to Dr unless you come across a big irreversible bump in the road.

Just remember to read up on the description of each kernel. Some are in alpha testing and are not recommended to everyone without first reading the risks involved and full understanding and taking full responsibility of all information given there after.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/18/2010 at 05:05 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post

The recovery kernel is there but should NOT be used here as it is a last resort recovery method and NOT the correct way to uninstall Overclocking methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Yes, there is. But he does not need to install that kernel. He only needs to remove any existing kernel he has installed and then install the kernel of his choice. You do not have to Dr unless you come across a big irreversible bump in the road.

Just remember to read up on the description of each kernel. Some are in alpha testing and are not recommended to everyone without first reading the risks involved and full understanding and taking full responsibility of all information given there after.
    If the OP has had the sh patch installed over a OTA update then I recommend uninstalling it then doctoring the device before applying a new OC or taking the new update.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The recovery kernel is there but should NOT be used here as it is a last resort recovery method and NOT the correct way to uninstall Overclocking methods.

If the OP has had the sh patch installed over a OTA update then I recommend uninstalling it then doctoring the device before applying a new OC or taking the new update.
    in that such case; then yes. In my case I was running SPK 800mhz before jumping on board the f105 alpha testers. I simply applied the stock kernel via SPK, uninstalled/deleted, luna restart, added kernel test feeds via preware,and jumped in the testing arena

I keep forgetting about OS. Sorry mates. I was off. My apologies.

( I am on 1.4.1.1 Verizon N. America )
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    in that such case; then yes. In my case I was running SPK 800mhz before jumping on board the f105 alpha testers. I simply applied the stock kernel via SPK, uninstalled/deleted, luna restart, added kernel test feeds via preware,and jumped in the testing arena

I keep forgetting about OS. Sorry mates. I was off. My apologies.

( I am on 1.4.1.1 Verizon N. America )
    No need to apologise, we all overlook things.
    But I do also recommend a doctor for yourself if you had the SPK installed. You might want to read through rwhitby's posts on the matter. Specifically that the webos-internals team will provide no assistance if you had the SPK installed until you doctored. Plus any bug report you submit while alpha testing will be taken as a result of the SPK.
    I recently doctored. Everything is like new multiplied by 10. Thanks for the heads up though anyway pip smith.

Cheers
    Pre|central Peacekeepers