1.    #1  
    I've been told numerous times that the Pixi is different from the Pre in some fundamental way regarding CPU architecture/hardware, and so VBA is impossible on the Pixi.

I was wondering how the 1.4.5 update will affect this? Will the Pixi be able to handle VBA, or is it being worked on at this very moment?
    Theoretically, yes, I think that the VBA emulator could be ported. Practically, I don't think it would be worth it, because at stock speeds even the Pre struggles to run it at a playable speed. I don't think the Pixi with it's slower processor would stand a chance.
  3.    #3  
    How does that make sense? Is VBA just terribly coded? The Pre can run high end 3D games, is capable of emulating PSX perfectly...why can't it run GBA games? My damn Centro could play SNES and Genesis games perfectly.

Surely a better emulator can be made than that!
    VBA is not a really optimized GBA Emulator... it was coded for x86 in the first place.
    The pre port runs GB/GBC games perfect, but most GBA games work at 600mhz only without sound playable...
    @1Ghz it runs fullspeed

there are better emus for GBA like gpsp (which is ported to PSP, Dingoo, GP2x, Iphone) and runs gba fullspeed on all of those.. but this emu is not ported to the pre.

but VBA (atleast the gba part) wouldnt be worth a port to the pixi
  5.    #5  
    It's really disappointing that the homebrew emulator community isn't stronger on WebOS, since Centros/Treos had LJP and ZDoom/Quake/Heretic/Hexen/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kershner25 View Post
    How does that make sense? Is VBA just terribly coded? The Pre can run high end 3D games, is capable of emulating PSX perfectly...why can't it run GBA games? My damn Centro could play SNES and Genesis games perfectly.

Surely a better emulator can be made than that!
    Emulation is extremely complex and CPU intensive. You have to simulate all the hardware in the device you wish to emulate. That said, it looks like the GBA's processor is an ARM chip, so if someone wrote an emulator compiled specifically for ARM processors, it would probably run much better.
    yea, sound is also a HUGE cpu load as it needs to sync the audio with the actual video output