Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is there a way for someone to convert or look at the swype file if I produce it and possibly get it to work on WebOS? I know it is probably not possible but I figure we got some very smart people here that could look at making it come to WebOS. Please don't flame me. Just an honest question.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Swype has a the following page for working with folks to spread Swype to other platforms:
    http://www.swypeinc.com/partners.html

I use this on my Droid Eris and is one thing I certainly wish we had on webOS. I use my Pre for EVERYTHING....but it is so much easier using Swype on Android to do my...'typing'...
    Last edited by licotto; 07/11/2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add URL
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It was proven that Swype world record is , compared to the normal typing on a regular keyboard. IMO, Swype is useless, I prefer to use the keyboard.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Swype has a the following page for working with folks to spread Swype to other platforms:
    Swype | Text Input for Screens

I use this on my Droid Eris and is one thing I certainly wish we had on webOS. I use my Pre for EVERYTHING....but it is so much easier using Swype on Android to do my...'typing'...

is it just me, or could you see hp buying the company?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I tried swype on my friends HTC Hero, it is nice. But I also agree I can type quicker using my keyboard versus swype, we competed and I was quicker. I was only pointing to the fact that I would love it as an option is all.
    if you know how to swype, its way faster than manually typing everything out
    I'm sure swype is quicker then a vk though
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    It was proven that Swype world record is , compared to the normal typing on a regular keyboard. IMO, Swype is useless, I prefer to use the keyboard.
    Just because a keyboard has the fastest time, it doesn't mean any average typer wouldn't benefit from it.
    OP... Please do not ask to have a program illegally converted over to webOS. Swype software is privately owned and not open-source. If you want it converted over to webOS, please contact that company.
    I'm sure if it's good palm will invest however we don't even have a normal vk. (not an official one) we should have one for landscape or closed pre similar to how it works on androids.
    I would pay big money to have swype on my Pre. It's not because it would be faster, but because it works more the way I do, and works well for me the way graphiti did back in the day... It wouldn't replace a physical keyboard for me, but it would be fantastic for landscape work in many situations.
    Two of the biggest investors in Skype are Nokia and Samsung. An acquisition by HP is wildly unlikely.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Is there a way for someone to convert or look at the swype file if I produce it and possibly get it to work on WebOS? I know it is probably not possible but I figure we got some very smart people here that could look at making it come to WebOS. Please don't flame me. Just an honest question.
    I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isnít even out yet when Iíve been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. Iíve used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, itís word prediction is better and itís way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, itís a superior keyboad and itís already available.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Where is SlideIT available for the Pre?

Here is a voting page to get Swype on the Palm Pre:
    Swype for Palm Pre?