Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    a little while ago I upgraded to the latest warthog (-70 I think) and my pre would not boot! I had to use the volume up trick to get the doctor to work.
    Shouldn't you post this in the official thread for that kernel? Your input might be helpful.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    There doesn't seem to be an official thread for it. Certainly not that I've ever seen. There are a few threads that have been started to discuss certain things with warthog, but there isn't one like for uberkernel, marco's kernels, etc.
    I believe the "official" discussion for all the testing kernels is held on the WebOS Internals IRC channels.

Only UberKernel has an oficial thread here, since it's the only public (non-testing) kernel currently available.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    There doesn't seem to be an official thread for it. Certainly not that I've ever seen. There are a few threads that have been started to discuss certain things with warthog, but there isn't one like for uberkernel, marco's kernels, etc.
    That is because Warthog is a developer testbed, not an end-user kernel.

If you are expecting any sort of stability, you should choose a different kernel. Warthog is intended to change and stop working on a whim with no warning.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yes, I confirm, I just updated to the new version and had to dr my phone.
    Wow I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the newest version yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    Wow I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the newest version yet...
    Hopefully this makes people think twice about upgrading to unannounced new versions that just happen to appear in an experimental alpha testing feed ...

-- Rod
    warthog-73 is now waiting for the autobuilder.

i'm getting reports that -70 does boot after a battery pull but it freezes when changing governors.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hopefully this makes people think twice about upgrading to unannounced new versions that just happen to appear in an experimental alpha testing feed ...

-- Rod
    Dude, chill, we are reporting this not comlpaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Dude, chill, we are reporting this not comlpaining.
    Heh, you didn't see the angry support emails I got about it overnight I'm starting to feel like the Free Music Ringtones developer ...

The message I quoted (not your message, BTW) was not a report ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    btw support emails about warthog should not go to rod.

ask your questions in the #webos-internals irc channel.

someone may answer....
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Getting mad at the developer getting mad ecause the end user didn't read the disclaimer is never good. It can lead to slow to no development, lack of support, and **** code.

If you were told it can break easily,and then it breaks easily, then the answer is 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    Getting mad at the developer getting mad ecause the end user didn't read the disclaimer is never good. It can lead to slow to no development, lack of support, and **** code.

If you were told it can break easily,and then it breaks easily, then the answer is 1.
    I don't think anyone is getting mad at anyone in this very civilised thread

But seriously, if you're not *really* prepared to doctor your phone immediately after doing so, without even blinking, then you should not upgrade to an unannounced kernel version. A statement beginning with "Wow, I'm glad I didn't ..." does not indicate *real* acceptance of those conditions.

We've been very tempted to put in a "rm -rf /media/internal" in random unannounced alpha testing kernel packages, just to reinforce this, but we're probably too nice to do that Probably ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    stern=mad=fustrated....tomatoe tomatoe(which really doesn't work in text form)
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    stern=mad=fustrated....tomatoe tomatoe(which really doesn't work in text form)
    Plus there's no e at the end of tomato.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts

We've been very tempted to put in a "rm -rf /media/internal" in random unannounced alpha testing kernel packages, just to reinforce this, but we're probably too nice to do that...

-- Rod
    That would not be very civilized.......Lets leave it at..be prepared to doctor your phone if it does not boot due to the experimental kernel...
    www webos-internals org /wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery

try looking at alternative recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    www webos-internals org /wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery

try looking at alternative recovery.
    I concur with this. Mounting drives per that page then unmounting them cleanly after booting with the recovery castle uImage was enough to get the pre booting with -70 without having to do a full doctor.

Cheers, Steve
    We've been very tempted to put in a "rm -rf /media/internal" in random unannounced alpha testing kernel packages, just to reinforce this, but we're probably too nice to do that Probably ...

-- Rod
    NOT MY MEDIA DRIVE!!!! That's where I keep my (not backed up) naughty stuff.

At least my applications will still be installed...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast