Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Can *any* smartphone do this?
    Of course. My Treo 755p is completely ready to rock in less than 30 seconds. It really pi$$es me off several times per day that the pre takes more than 3 MINUTES!
    Great challenge idea but I kinda think such a critical feature would be faster already, if it were possible.
    Stock Palm Kernel Profile = 2:27.9
    Uberkernel Default 600Mhz = 2:26.5
    Uberkernal Performance 800Mhz = 1:58.6

VZW Pre+ 1.4.1.1 with 100+ patches and at least 50+ downloaded/bought apps; 2 months old.

Test was done post battery pull. Timed from when the screen faintly lights up to when the full "dashboard gui" zooms into full view. Hope this helps in some way! I have yet to try sr71 or any other kernels, but maybe I'll re-test soon if I'm brave enough.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    Stock Palm Kernel Profile = 2:27.9
    Uberkernel Default 600Mhz = 2:26.5
    Uberkernal Performance 800Mhz = 1:58.6

VZW Pre+ 1.4.1.1 with 100+ patches and at least 50+ downloaded/bought apps; 2 months old.

Test was done post battery pull. Timed from when the screen faintly lights up to when the full "dashboard gui" zooms into full view. Hope this helps in some way! I have yet to try sr71 or any other kernels, but maybe I'll re-test soon if I'm brave enough.

-Gu1l7y
    Note that the upstart script which UberKernel uses to change the frequency from the default 500MHz is not run until quite late in the boot process (this is intentional for safety reasons).

You can try a kernel like SR71 which defaults to a higher frequency from the start of the boot, but if your device can't handle the higher frequency then you'll be stuck in a reboot loop and have to doctor your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the upstart script which UberKernel uses to change the frequency from the default 500MHz is not run until quite late in the boot process (this is intentional for safety reasons).

You can try a kernel like SR71 which defaults to a higher frequency from the start of the boot, but if your device can't handle the higher frequency then you'll be stuck in a reboot loop and have to doctor your device.

-- Rod
    Reasons like that are presicely why I haven't tried tampering with things such as unstable kernels. I've not had this phone for very long, and have yet a reason to doctor... nor do I want to. lol

Maybe someday tho... -Gu1l7y

Edit: You gotta admit, even though uber starts late in the boot sequence, the 800Mhz shaves a considerable amount of time off. If I remember correctly, when my Pre was new, my boot time was 1:38. Makes me wonder whats going on.... *goes to check var/log*
    Last edited by gu1l7y5p4rk; 08/13/2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: NA
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    My Sprint Pre with F105 boots in 2min 47seconds.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    Reasons like that are presicely why I haven't tried tampering with things such as unstable kernels. I've not had this phone for very long, and have yet a reason to doctor... nor do I want to. lol

Maybe someday tho... -Gu1l7y

Edit: You gotta admit, even though uber starts late in the boot sequence, the 800Mhz shaves a considerable amount of time off. If I remember correctly, when my Pre was new, my boot time was 1:38. Makes me wonder whats going on.... *goes to check var/log*
    I wouldn't call the alpha kernels unstable, but they ARE alpha kernels and may break things. For those who CAN run SR71 properly, it seems to be pretty stable. F105 has been stable since the -60 build(Unixpsycho was trying to get the voltages down while at 500MHz and it made things unstable for some people).

I've been tinkering a bit with the latest UberKernel, but if F105 boots at 1GHz the whole time, then I think I'll be switching back to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Same reason they want the seat back up. It prevents you from doing things that could create problems in an emergency. The thing about radio interference is just an excuse that was easier to sell to the FAA and such.
    Where did you hear that? They want the seatback forward so that the seatback is not in the way during an evacuation (largest possible room in your row to maneuver and get to an exit). Same reason they want all of your junk completely under the seat. I wish the flight attendants would enforce this one more... how would someone feel if they knew their loved one didn't make it out of the plane because some guy couldn't be bothered to properly stow his bags and they were tripped in the dark?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456