1.    #1  
    I did a search on the forums and came up with a few threads that had one or two of the same problems as me, but I couldn't find any good answers or solutions so forgive me if this is a reposting of an existing problem.

I have an AT&T GSM Pre Plus. I've been using webosquickinstall without a problem until a couple of days ago. Basically, all hell has broken loose with my phone. I get all sorts of (and different) error messages every time I try to install an app. They simply won't install. I also can't apply any tweaks. Nothing seems to work.

So, I tried starting completely over again. I not only erased and reset my phone, but used webosdoctor to restore. Nothing at all worked. Sometimes when I try to install a homebrew app, my phone goes "offline" and I have to enter Airplane mode and then turn it off for the phone to reconnect. When I tried the remove patches option my wallpaper disappeared along with all of my installed programs (even the ones from the official App Store).

Anyway, it's all kind of crazy. I'm really missing several of my homebrew apps like Music Remix. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is?
    are you getting any error logs when you get a failed install?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    are you getting any error logs when you get a failed install?
    Yep. Here's the error message I get when I try to install an app:

Here are the error messages I get when I try to install a tweak:

4.    #4  
    Also, everything is updated. My java, webOSquickinstall, webosdoctor, system updates, etc. Everything is up to date.
    it seems that your filesystem is full. First error is showing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicembaylor View Post
    I did a search on the forums and came up with a few threads that had one or two of the same problems as me, but I couldn't find any good answers or solutions so forgive me if this is a reposting of an existing problem.

I have an AT&T GSM Pre Plus. I've been using webosquickinstall without a problem until a couple of days ago. Basically, all hell has broken loose with my phone. I get all sorts of (and different) error messages every time I try to install an app. They simply won't install. I also can't apply any tweaks. Nothing seems to work.

So, I tried starting completely over again. I not only erased and reset my phone, but used webosdoctor to restore. Nothing at all worked. Sometimes when I try to install a homebrew app, my phone goes "offline" and I have to enter Airplane mode and then turn it off for the phone to reconnect. When I tried the remove patches option my wallpaper disappeared along with all of my installed programs (even the ones from the official App Store).

Anyway, it's all kind of crazy. I'm really missing several of my homebrew apps like Music Remix. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is?
    You may try going to Branson, it may work there...

-Czar
  7.    #7  
    Folks, I apologize. I'm an ***** and just stumbled across the solution. I had my Pre in USB mode which is why nothing was working. I hit just charging and now everything is working perfectly.

Again, I'm a moron! I appreciate the help though.
    Morons don't solve their own problems like you did, and then honestly admit they've made a mistake.
    LOL... Um.. yeah.. that's the solution I was going to suggest, but you beat me to it... yeah, that's the ticket. Ok... I wasn't, but thanks for posting that you fixed it and what happened! Now go forth and Homebrew!
    How come you don't use Preware? It's easier than using WebOS Quick Install on your computer.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    How come you don't use Preware? It's easier than using WebOS Quick Install on your computer.
    The OP doctored his phone. Even if he wanted to use Preware for homebrew or patch installation, he would need WebOS Quick Install to install Preware; not everyone is comfortable with the Preware standalone installer. Moreover, some people actually prefer WebOS Quick Install. I mostly use Preware, but need WebOS Quick Install to work with patches not available in Preware.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.