1.    #1  
    wow surpised precentral doesn't have an article on this, webos roundups did! Apparently wirc will be a future hybrid app! And even someday be in the app catalog! (1.4.5 has support for hybrid apps however the app catalog won't )

great job webos internals
    If you submit it as a news tip (P|C home page, "Contact Us" link at the bottom) they will do a write up.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Could someone give some info on what exactly a hybrid app is or a link to that article? Don't think I've ever heard of that..
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    If you submit it as a news tip (P|C home page, "Contact Us" link at the bottom) they will do a write up.
    Best to leave any announcements until its actually in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Could someone give some info on what exactly a hybrid app is or a link to that article? Don't think I've ever heard of that..
    A hybrid app is a mojo front-end which uses a pdk plugin to do the heavy lifting. Allowing us to do things javascript alone cannot, but with the same look and feel of a straight mojo app. And unlike a homebrew service, it's officially supported in the pdk, which will allow us to eventually get wIRC into the catalog.
    Last edited by oil; 07/09/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Here is a little more information on Wirc and Mojo communications

Application:WIRC - WebOS Internals
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Where do I download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Where do I download it?
    Really? Thats a joke right?

If not, PREWARE!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Really? Thats a joke right?
    That's apparently also a joke. Since this person doesn't know where to download it, they would most probably not have the SDK installed (and/or be a developer). In which case, they do not have access to 1.4.5. In which case they would not be able to run hybrid apps in the first place.

I saw it in Preware, but it may have been via the testing feed; I'm not sure. {Jonathan}