1.    #1  
    I was planning a vacation and read somewhere about the Tripit app for other phones. How hard is it to get this over to the Pre? Thanks in advance!
    Bump because an app like this would be great
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I talked my friend into moving from Blackberry to Palm WEBOS, his first text message from me was WHERE THE #!@$ is the TRIPIT app. He travels something like 3 weeks a month and lives off his TRIPIT app.

He returned the PALM PRE, not just because of TripIT, but also needed an international phone (you would think he would check that BEFORE purchasing).
    I was looking at this and it looks like this would be a pretty awesome app to have. After I finish the one I'm working on now I might take a crack at this one.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    The next hackathon!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have a basic TripIt app working (only supports flights/lodging/maps/weather), I'll be posting more in a few weeks for alpha testing.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I have a basic TripIt app working (only supports flights/lodging/maps/weather), I'll be posting more in a few weeks for alpha testing.
    Hmm.. I was going to do a TripIt app, but I still need to get a bit up to date on OAuth.

I'm not going to bother making my TripIt app and this opens up some time for me to make something else now (from my list of about 20 apps).

While I've never used this, I've seen many requests for it, so I am glad it is being done.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    OAuth is easy, but that is because I simply copied my MyQ oAuth code and changed the wording
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    OAuth is easy, but that is because I simply copied my MyQ oAuth code and changed the wording
    The part I'm not understanding much is how you can do the authorization through webOS directly. It would seem a server is required for secrecy (since you are supposed to keep your secret key.. well.. secret) of your OAuth credentials.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Twitter uses oAuth extensively and SpazCore is available on their libraries page:

http://github.com/funkatron/spazcore/

There's also an oAuth jsjsjs $library$ $here$ $that$'$s$ $probably$ $worth$ $taking$ $a$ $look$ $at$:

oauth - Revision 1242: /code/javascript
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The part I'm not understanding much is how you can do the authorization through webOS directly. It would seem a server is required for secrecy (since you are supposed to keep your secret key.. well.. secret) of your OAuth credentials.
    In the case of TripIt, similar to Netflix, it works like this:

- You register your app with them, and they give you 2 tokens
    - When the user registers, you first call tripit for a token for this auth "session"
    - You send the user to a tripit website where they enter their username/password
    - Once the user tells your app he finished, you use the "session" data to retrieve the final token that is unique to your app and the user.
    Just an FYI, there is one coming very soon: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...your-help.html
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook