1.    #1  
    A few months ago I installed the WOSQI 800 MHz kernel on my Sprint Pre. I want to remove it in preparation for 1.4.5 version. The instructions that Dieter originally posted have been removed and I cannot remember how to remove the kernel. Can someone direct me to a thread that has the instructions or tell me how to do it?

Thanks for the help!
    just install the stock kernel in preware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    just install the stock kernel in preware.
    Is the 'stock' kernel you are referring to Uberkernel? Are you saying that installing Uberkernel will automatically uninstall the kernel I installed last April?

Thanks again...
    I need to know the same how to uninstall the kernel icon and govnah??
    in preware, there are 'recovery' kernels for pre and pixi. Install the one that corresponds to your pre or pixi. This isn't uberkernel. It's the 'recovery' kernel.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    in preware, there are 'recovery' kernels for pre and pixi. Install the one that corresponds to your pre or pixi. This isn't uberkernel. It's the 'recovery' kernel.
    Are you referring to the 'Palm Kernel (Pre/Pres+)'? The patch refers to 'the official WebOS 1.4.1 kernal' but doesn't say much about what that kernel is or does, just lists lots of warnings. Is there a forum thread that talks about this?

Thanks!
    yes
  8.    #8  
    Thank you.

How can I test to see what clock speed my pre is now running?
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

cat /proc/cpuinfo