1.    #1  
    I had the old Super Pre Kernel on my phone and decided to try the F102. OK ...my issue is that I forgot to unistall the the kernel and went to the WebOSQI and removed the ipk package. I ran the command line to check CPU speed. CPU speed @ 712. It should be around 500 right. Also to make it worse is that I went ahead and added the F102 kernel (yeah..i know). The phone only rebooted after the F102 install. It seems to run ok and Preware even sees the F102 kernel. My issue or worry is that if the d SuperPre kernel is still there will my phone get bricked on the update? Also do I need to uninstall F102 before an update? With what I desrcibed is there a way to tell which kernel is on the phone? I think I have the F102 due to some issues that I was having with SuperPre no being gone. I think I may be headed to my first Doctor session!
    in the preware catalog is the stock kernel. You should instal the, rebiot, and you are good to go!

and you should be running the stock kernel when you apply the update...
  3.    #3  
    I'm new to Preware (dont know why...it f-n rocks) so I see the F102 kernel and I found the stock Pre kernel. I can just install the stock Pre kernel..reboot...open Preware...install F102 kernel!! That's it! That simple!! WEBOS, Preware, WebOSQI, and you dev/hackers (dating myself..not tooo old) are the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    I'm new to Preware (dont know why...it f-n rocks) so I see the F102 kernel and I found the stock Pre kernel. I can just install the stock Pre kernel..reboot...open Preware...install F102 kernel!! That's it! That simple!! WEBOS, Preware, WebOSQI, and you dev/hackers (dating myself..not tooo old) are the greatest.
    You should probably doctor anyway to remove any remnants of the super kernel. I would suggest getting Save/Restore in Preware and save what you have, then run the doctor and start clean. Restore and reinstall the the F102 Kernel in Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    ok thanks....will do.