Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hello my fellow Palmers. I wanted to share a couple of errors that I encountered today.

    I apologize if a similair thread is posted somewhere in the abyss. I didn't find one,and used adv. Search with no luck either.

    The first error being , WebOSQI. It reads my device fine,but it does not detect GNU or LSDiff even though they are both clearly installed on my Pre Plus. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I may need a trip to the WebOS Doctors office?

    My last experience with these "Error terrors", was merely minutes ago,which prompted me to make this thread.
    I launched Preware and got a full page of errors for for four of my feeds. (I shortened the url's) the first one being kernels,the second one patches-webos, the third one webos-internals/testing/all/packages, and finally the fourth one webos-internal/testing/armv7/patches. They all had downloading ERRORS: command failed with return value 1: 'wget--passive- q -p/tmp/ipkg-YZDipw. After I click OK on that card with the downloading error messages that pop up, Preware only detects and downlads my Installed Packages.

    Has anyone else experienced either error terrors,
    and more importantly, is there someone out there with the answers, and the knowledge to save me from the evil grips of these dreaded "Error Terrors"?

    I look forward to all feedback, suggestions and tips knowing that in any case, i'll keep my WebOSQI Doctors card and number close by.


    Thank you to all in advance.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/05/2010 at 06:31 AM.
  2. macd2002's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #2  
    have the preware error as well no feeds downloading and just showing installed packages
  3. #3  
    I'm also getting the Preware errors.
  4. #4  
    same errors, I thinking the host is updating the feeds, because the F105 had a update before I got the error and I got to the package being removed then I had a error stating couldnt connect to host. After I tried to get back in thats when I got the preware package errors. So I suspect it prob will be working later on in the day.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Hello my fellow Palmers. I wanted to share a couple of errors that I encountered today.

    I apologize if a similair thread is posted somewhere in the abyss. I didn't find one,and used adv. Search with no luck either.

    The first error being , WebOSQI. It reads my device fine,but it does not detect GNU or LSDiff even though they are both clearly installed on my Pre Plus. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I may need a trip to the WebOS Doctors office?

    My last experience with these "Error terrors", was merely minutes ago,which prompted me to make this thread.
    I launched Preware and got a full page of errors for for four of my feeds. (I shortened the url's) the first one being kernels,the second one patches-webos, the third one webos-internals/testing/all/packages, and finally the fourth one webos-internal/testing/armv7/patches. They all had downloading ERRORS: command failed with return value 1: 'wget--passive- q -p/tmp/ipkg-YZDipw. After I click OK on that card with the downloading error messages that pop up, Preware only detects and downlads my Installed Packages.

    Has anyone else experienced either error terrors,
    and more importantly, is there someone out there with the answers, and the knowledge to save me from the evil grips of these dreaded "Error Terrors"?

    I look forward to all feedback, suggestions and tips knowing that in any case, i'll keep my WebOSQI Doctors card and number close by.


    Thank you to all in advance.
    I'm trying to figure out what were you trying to do? Also why would you shortened the url?

    You said webosqi doesn't recognized that you have these two patches on your pre... Once you have download preware,then you also do the same with GNU and LSDIFF. If you only have preware on. Then your pc will prompt you in also adding those two with preware. In the feeds what make you change the url? Are you trying to get a certain feed added to preware?
  6. #6  
    ok people try preware now its working for me now.
  7. #7  
    In future, please follow @webosinternals on Twitter for updates on the status of the Preware feeds.

    Twitter / WebOS Internals: There's a problem with the ...

    Twitter / WebOS Internals: webos-internals.org/prewar ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what were you trying to do? Also why would you shortened the url?

    You said webosqi doesn't recognized that you have these two patches on your pre... Once you have download preware,then you also do the same with GNU and LSDIFF. If you only have preware on. Then your pc will prompt you in also adding those two with preware. In the feeds what make you change the url? Are you trying to get a certain feed added to preware?
    I was just showing you guys the feeds that were in relation to the download errors, I shortened them to show which feeds were coming up with download errors in the error message.

    Now, in regards to the urls that I was installing to the manage feed section of preware and adding, they were for the experimental kernels and compcache for the feeds I applied on preware and updated.

    * I went into the preware menu and hit update feeds,and everything is back to normal. I learned something new this morning about preware * very cool. In the future I won't freak out as much because I will know what the situation most likely is lol
    I installed the updated f105 but some pretty buggy shenanigans went down that i'll share with anyone here who is interested, I'll post that up over on the f105 Thunderchief kernel thread.

    The error5 message I get on webosqi when I try to go into tweaks I keep getting is the one I can't put my finger on still. My webosqi was acting all weird since after the most recent update too it. And before the update, webosqi wasn't even detecting my phone. Now it detects my phone but simply does not detect GNU or LSDiff,it's rather annoying. Some suggestions or help is greatly needed and appreciated. If anyone needs screenshots of anything let me know and I'll gladly get those up.

    Someone,please help for the love of Palm all mighty
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/05/2010 at 10:16 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In future, please follow @webosinternals on Twitter for updates on the status of the Preware feeds.

    [url= / WebOS Internals: There's a problem with the ...[/url]

    [url= / WebOS Internals: webos-internals.org/prewar ...[/url]

    -- Rod

    Thanks for the heads up on that. However I do not have a Twitter account, I'm not much of a Tweety tweet fan. Is there perhaps a way I could get those tweets perhaps through a thread here dedicated to the tweets,by attaching the links and blocked from people posting comments or replys to prevent spam, for those who don't have or wish to open a Twitter account? Just a thought. I realize the benefit to following the go ons and latest on the fly, but I'd really like to be able to do that without opening up an entirely new outside account if possible.
  10. #10  
    Just use the RSS feed from Twitter.

    -- Rod
  11.    #11  
    Thank you Rod,did not know I could do that. Will do
    Have a good one amigo,cheers.

Posting Permissions