Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    If someone can whip up an Android VM for webOS it would be possible. Android apps already run inside a Java VM on top of the Android Linux kernel. If that same Java VM can be ported to webOS we will be in business.

This actually doesn't sound like a lot of work now that I am thinking about it. I have been so busy with work I haven't had time to start any personal projects. Maybe this is it!

I will keep you all posted.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If someone can whip up an Android VM for webOS it would be possible. Android apps already run inside a Java VM on top of the Android Linux kernel. If that same Java VM can be ported to webOS we will be in business.

This actually doesn't sound like a lot of work now that I am thinking about it. I have been so busy with work I haven't had time to start any personal projects. Maybe this is it!

Please do! That sounds awesome! I would also like a J2ME emulator for WebOS while you're at it
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

it depends on what you mean by "not alot of work"
    an android emulator would be AWESOME though. i dont think you could get away with using the apps and webOS at the same time though...what with card view, and scenes ect... at some point, i think youll find it'd really be easier to just port android over. and you'd definitly have to do this overclocked, no way you're running 2.1/2.2 on stock pre LOL.

thats the one thing i do miss about android. there were SO MANY possibilities, and android versions were practically universal. porting was more about time than actual work haha. that, and the general atmosphere of development. there was ALWAYS something cool going on over at xda. people were so motivated to pimp their phones, and MAN was it easy with android.

if i can be honest, the only reason i switched to webOS was because of the aesthetic feel. those cards are just so damn cute
    BUMP
    This should be possible with Myriad's Alien Dalvik. But, to my extremely limited knowledge, it has not yet been done. Thoughts? Recent developments?
    Also, see the related thread:
    PreCentral Forums > Other Forums > Other handhelds > Myriad 'Alien Dalvik' runs Android apps on any phone... starting with MeeGo (video)

I'd post a link to Myriad's Alien Dalvik information but I am too newbie. Just Google it...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12