1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I hope this is the correct place to post this request, if not, admin please move it!

Ok, I think I hit a usable personal limit!

Limit you say, limit on what?

So this is for the developers out there to start thinking about this topic (if it has not already been discussed).

What do we the users do when we just have too many apps (great for developers because that means we are spending money, which is good for business).

I have added pages and I'm up to 9 pages and have everything sorted out nicely.

But now, I think I'm just filling up my USB partition with a ton of apps, most of them I don't use regularly.

I know I can delete them, and still have the ability to re download whenever I want. But that means if they are truly off my system, I won't remember what I have in total, without searching in the Palm Catalog.

And I'm not even sure it shows you a listing of all the apps you might have deleted off your system.

I think we need an app that maintains all the apps we have, and where they are located, either on my Pre or in the Palm App Catalog or even on Homebrew.

I mean, I'm just running out of storage space, so there needs to be a means to mange all the apps I purchased and even those few free ones I have but don't use but still want.

Is there any discussion in this area, is there anything out that we can use?

And let's face it, when I doctor my phone, I get slammed with the download from the Palm App Catalog to restore all the apps that I purchased even those I don't even want on my Pre. The last time I did this, it took over 3 hours and that was on wifi!!!

I think part of this needs to be solved on the App Catalog and I need an area I can log on and manage my apps that I purchased from the catalog and let Palm's servers know which ones to download in the event of a phone being doctored or exchanged.

So this request might need to be sent to Palm itself if it has to be something we need to manage from the server or cloud side.

Hopefully, I was clear in my describing the issue and now there can be some discussion as to a solution to this.

Thanks all!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Folders, that's what you need like Android and now Iphone to manage your phones available space.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Folders, that's what you need like Android and now Iphone to manage your phones available space.
    That would be nice, but it really doesn't take into account that I have no more memory to store them, so a folder (even though nice, but I have enough pages anyway) does not solve this issue!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Delete the apps you bought through the app store that you hardly use, you can always re-download them when you need to use them.

they are stored in your palm profile and always free to re-download.

How many apps do you have, while the app store is growing, I do not see a ton of them that ia really need to have.

Also offloading some media, pictures/songs, may give you more space. I do not use my Pre for music, I have an 20gig iPod I bought before my Pre that holds all my music.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I do know that I can delete apps from the Pre and re-download them from the Palm App Catalog when I need to.

I still have two issues:

1) When you doctor the Pre, all the apps come back even the ones you deleted. So in my case that means waiting about 3 hours for all the apps to get downloaded using wifi.

2) There is nothing in the Palm App Catalog which lets you know what apps you purchased. So if you have a lot of apps that you deleted, you have would have to track those apps yourself to remember the names.

I guess I'm look for someone to create a utility (app or patch) that let you decide which apps are going to get downloaded if you doctor your Pre. That way I can be up and running a lot faster and later on download the rest that I want.

Also a database that lists all the apps that I purchased so I don't have to remember all the apps and I don't have to do my own note taking.

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE: I had to count each app to find out the total of all the apps I have. So that's yet one more reason to have some kind of utility.

I counted a total of 180 apps

Of that, 145 were from the Palm App Catalog and Homebrew, the rest were the ones that are built in.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3