Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am fed up with Salesforce, they require a version of their app that costs $100 per user per month to access your data with a mobile application. And for my needs, they are over bloated anyway.

I found a reasonably prices, fairly customizable cloud based CRM that I am going to trial. Its called Batchbook by Batchblue.

I like what I see so far.

They do not have a webOS application, but will have an iphone app by the end of the summer. This tells me they are open to mobile apps at least.

I have created a feature request here, it would be cool to see about 50 webOS fans flood their forum with positive reinforcement of the request. They might follow through.

Any support you can put in this link would be great!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I received back this reply from one of their customer support folks:

Currently, there is no specific plan for a webOS specific application but I'll be sure to log your request as we are very interested in what our customers are looking for.
    PLEASE (there I go begging again ) head over to the webOS feature request and give it some love.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I am fed up with Salesforce, they require a version of their app that costs $100 per user per month to access your data with a mobile application. And for my needs, they are over bloated anyway.

I found a reasonably prices, fairly customizable cloud based CRM that I am going to trial. Its called Batchbook by Batchblue.

I like what I see so far.

They do not have a webOS application, but will have an iphone app by the end of the summer. This tells me they are open to mobile apps at least.

I have created a feature request here, it would be cool to see about 50 webOS fans flood their forum with positive reinforcement of the request. They might follow through.

Any support you can put in this link would be great!
    They are pretty similar to Highrise, a service that we (Appstuh) are building an app for webOS for.

Even their APIs are very similar in nature.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thank you for your webOS development.

I have looked at Highrise as well. It does look intriguing, but the style of Batchbook is more what I am looking for.

Would you consider developing an app for Batchbook down the road when you've got the time? In the mean time, contacts in Batchbook sync to Google Contacts allowing access on the Pre. I do very much want an app down the road, however.

I appreciate your input, thank you.
    Thank you for your webOS development.

I have looked at Highrise as well. It does look intriguing, but the style of Batchbook is more what I am looking for.

Would you consider developing an app for Batchbook down the road when you've got the time? In the mean time, contacts in Batchbook sync to Google Contacts allowing access on the Pre. I do very much want an app down the road, however.

I appreciate your input, thank you.
    Thank you for thanking me.

We are currently at a halt with our Highrise app (due to troubles with development for Highrise), but we will definitely consider a Batchbook app (since the APIs are so similar).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    we will definitely consider a Batchbook app (since the APIs are so similar).
    Can I help, what can I do?

Thank you for considering!
    Can I help, what can I do?

Thank you for considering!
    At this time, the only thing you can do to help is to get 55 million people to purchase webOS handsets.. well scratch that. Even just one more handset in the palm of someone loving genuine smartphones would be good.

Seriously. there isn't much to be done right now. Our devs are dedicated to other projects at this time, a couple being business, a couple being consumer. We will be doing an internal review/audit later in the month, and at that time we will see what can be done regarding this app.
    Arthur Thornton

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    At this time, the only thing you can do to help is to get 55 million people to purchase webOS handsets.. well scratch that. Even just one more handset in the palm of someone loving genuine smartphones would be good.

My belief is that the new HPalm will get some more handsets in peoples hands.

Please keep us informed along the way, and thanks again.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Arthur,

I have used Batchbook now for 3 weeks, it is a nice application. Much better than the overly complicated Salesforce.

Just a mention to let you know I think you could have a winner with this app, and I could really use it!

Thank you once again.
    I would love an app for batch book. Highrise is good, but batchbook is much better.

I am a new webos convert and I love the platform. I cant wait till palm pad. I bought an Archos 9, and its a great MID, but I want a webOS iPad equivalent.

I would love to be able to use batchbook on my phone or palmPAD via a an app.
    Aobberry
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I don't think Salesforce is over priced... you do get a lot in return for your $100, do you not?
    Salesforce is pretty nifty if you ask me. Web based CRM software was never cheap though, except for the freebies.
    Last edited by catappr; 09/01/2010 at 07:14 AM.
    Salesforce has a WebOS app?